• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Namor. As I get more exposure to brands such as Trickers viberg and others it's amazing what is used, camel moose etc. after I sent out that email I played the camel conversation with wife in my head and concluded it would always just be " leather " if I bought :). "Leather " boots would be awesome. Can wait to see mothball's pics with earmuffs

Retricker put some nice shoes out recently

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
speaking of viberg i dont know why anyone would spend viberg $$$ on a "workboot" when you have awesome alternatives like trickers for hundreds less

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a viberg and liked the construction but it was too big so I didn't get to really enjoy it. It was a sample so I paid a lot less. I would like to have another one if I find the right one. I haven't tried a Trickers yet but keep watching retrickers to hope a shell on commando shows up. I really like the look of Trickers and have spoke to someone who knows about shoes and he is impressed with Trickers quality and craftsmanship Can't wait to the pics of the recent cipresso make up you all did

Last edited:

kicker245

Reaction score
I've been searching through this thread and it looks like a lot of people size down from their Barrie size in the 4497 last? The Tricker's website indicates it is more or less TTS. I'm an 11D Brannock, 10.5D Barrie/Viberg 2030, 10UK Tricker's 4444 fitting 5. Should I size up to 10.5UK for the 4497? Thanks

jfoonly

Reaction score

I've been searching through this thread and it looks like a lot of people size down from their Barrie size in the 4497 last? The Tricker's website indicates it is more or less TTS. I'm an 11D Brannock, 10.5D Barrie/Viberg 2030, 10UK Tricker's 4444 fitting 5. Should I size up to 10.5UK for the 4497? Thanks

Sounds like me. I have size 10UK boots and shoes in both 4444 and 4497. The 4444 is loose overall and the 4497 is snug in the forefoot. (I have relatively wide forefoot and high arches.) It requires thinner socks and a 10.5UK would work better for a winter boot.

badeggcat

Reaction score

You're supposed to be 9.5UK 4444 last fitting 5 based on your brannock measurements. If 10UK 4444 last is perfect for you, then you definitely need to size up to 10.5UK for 4497 last.

kicker245

Reaction score

Sounds like me. I have size 10UK boots and shoes in both 4444 and 4497. The 4444 is loose overall and the 4497 is snug in the forefoot. (I have relatively wide forefoot and high arches.) It requires thinner socks and a 10.5UK would work better for a winter boot.

You're supposed to be 9.5UK 4444 last fitting 5 based on your brannock measurements. If 10UK 4444 last is perfect for you, then you definitely need to size up to 10.5UK for 4497 last.

Thank you both! I wouldn't say the 4444 is a perfect fit, it is roomy. I wouldn't be able to size down another half because of the length. Looks like I'll be ordering 10.5UK in the 4497

Organika

Reaction score
I like the Viberg look but agree it seems a little high in price, especially when they are using the same leathers as the other few brands in the work boot category.
Just picked up my first pair of Trickers, really like the wider width of this last. Found it very comfortable walking all day.
Although I didn't mind the original brick finish on the sole edge which had the thicker painted effect, decided to sand it off and finish it with a more transparent stain. Turned out okay, thankfully.

wjames

Reaction score
First time posting here, I hope this appropriate..
I just wondered whether anyone might be able to help me identify the burgundy boots here - they have an old fashioned trickers label inside

Mighty Morris

Reaction score
I like the Viberg look but agree it seems a little high in price, especially when they are using the same leathers as the other few brands in the work boot category.
Just picked up my first pair of Trickers, really like the wider width of this last. Found it very comfortable walking all day.
Although I didn't mind the original brick finish on the sole edge which had the thicker painted effect, decided to sand it off and finish it with a more transparent stain. Turned out okay, thankfully.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I like the Viberg look but agree it seems a little high in price, especially when they are using the same leathers as the other few brands in the work boot category. Just picked up my first pair of Trickers, really like the wider width of this last. Found it very comfortable walking all day. Although I didn't mind the original brick finish on the sole edge which had the thicker painted effect, decided to sand it off and finish it with a more transparent stain. Turned out okay, thankfully.
looks great do you have a before?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads