• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nice, yeah they look like a one off. the leather looked dry on the ebay pics. will be interesting to see if they darken with any shoe cream

Mighty Morris

Reaction score
Thanks @MM, that's really great of you. A lot of information to digest there and particularly the polishing step sounds like there's bit of room for error! I think I may have to find a less rare pair of shoes to practise on first.
Thanks again for all your help and information

My pleasure.

A good idea to practice if you are new to this, but don't be scared of making mistakes. Just go gently .... any errors can be cleaned back.

You aren't going to ruin those boots.

All the best,
MM

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Late night office pic of the camel. Thanks for the heads-up on these, Namor.

The leather's pretty interesting--very mottled and dry to the touch, not that I know if either of those are characteristic of camel. I'll try to get some daylight pics up by the end of the week.
These are cool looking, definitely something different.

Organika

Reaction score
Thanks @Organika.

I liked the result that you achieved so much that I have just done the same to a pair of Marron Woodstock's. After sanding I simply applied some Crème Surfine and then, having let it soak in for half a day, I finished off with some Pâte de Luxe, a lighter brown followed by a mid brown. They have buffed up a treat and look so much nicer.

Grateful to you for sharing.

MM

Great to hear, I bet it is a big improvement. Post a picture if you get a chance !

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Anyone know if a zug/scotch grain brogue in acorn with leather sole was ever made?

Closest I can think of offhand are tan scotch grain on commando from the Bureau a few years ago.
I'd be amazed if there hasn't been something similar on leather sole.

princealbert

Reaction score

Anyone know if a zug/scotch grain brogue in acorn with leather sole was ever made?

I have seen a Bourton brogue in Sienna Scotch grain on a Japanese retailers site in the past. Slightly darker than acorn but looked like a great combination

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
more cipresso green shell love. i think this is a perfect shade of green. poor david could barely even capture this elusive shade of green, is it green? is it black? its cipresssssso

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soundsringing - those teaks are nice. I saw those at 1 am in the morning and decided to sleep on it. Woke up and my size was gone...saved 800 bucks, so probably good news

Namor - those are sweet, will that cipressso lighten are darken with age?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would suspect so. Maybe to a lighter green but I would try to maintain it's darker black tone. Lighter shell can begin to look turquoise green no bueno

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads