• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

CZZ300

Reaction score
MC leather super boot Bishop, same style worn by Sir Edmund Hillary, changed to waxy laces.
9BC2E52D-B05D-43A8-9893-BDB929F8FBA8.jpeg

basu13

Reaction score
These babies breaking in real nice, and getting more comfortable with each wear. The initial stiffness has mellowed down. Tapered trousers really light up their chunky aesthetic.

Already planning another pair in the coming months;)

IMG_20211015_162553__01.jpg
IMG_20211015_160803__01.jpg

Last edited:

basu13

Reaction score
My first experience with Dainite soles (on my Stows) tells me that on slushy/muddy roads, they are a tad more slippery than I imagined. Or maybe that's because the soles are still relatively new and need a bit of more wear before they develop grooves to promote traction? A little disappointed because the whole object of rubber soles was to reduce slippage. Lightly wet concrete doesn't bother them much, but more slippery surfaces are not handled well by Dainite.

Caught me off guard during my first walk in heavy rain.

basu13

Reaction score
Yep...watch those wet tiled floors...almost broke my neck a few times. o_O
Haha, indeed - that's exactly the thought which crossed my mind when one foot went flying and the other foot scrabbled for traction! Valuable boot newbie lessons being learnt.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These babies breaking in real nice, and getting more comfortable with each wear. The initial stiffness has mellowed down. Tapered trousers really light up their chunky aesthetic.

Already planning another pair in the coming months;)

View attachment 1686382 View attachment 1686383
Damn nice colour and yes, Dainite is shyte especially given how smooth surfaces are very prevalent across all types of Indian construction. Much prefer Commando or Ridgeway but options are limited.

Wanted to ask you about shipping into India. Can we message off this forum when you get the time, please?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads