• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

princealbert

Reaction score
Should wonky or misaligned eyelets be regarded as a defect with Tricker's boots? I have seen many examples of Tricker's (and other manufacturers) where the eyelets seem staggered rather than level. While this may seem trivial, once seen, wonky eyelets can't be unseen. Oddly, I've never seen this fault at a Jermyn Street or Northampton shop, just online purchases.
in my opinion misaligned eyelets / facings are definitely a defect and should really be sold as ‘subs’. Having said that, there are lacing techniques that can be used to re-align them.
Much as I love Tricker’s the other thing that bugs me is the way in which the medallion on Bourtons and Stows is often badly positioned so that part of it disappears into the welt. It tends to be more of a problem on smaller sizes.

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have a buddy who returned some Stows because of that medallion under welt issue.

princealbert

Reaction score
I have a buddy who returned some Stows because of that medallion under welt issue.
I can understand that. When you loose a large chunk of the medallion it alters the aesthetic of the shoe / boot imo.

CZZ300

Reaction score
in my opinion misaligned eyelets / facings are definitely a defect and should really be sold as ‘subs’. Having said that, there are lacing techniques that can be used to re-align them.
Much as I love Tricker’s the other thing that bugs me is the way in which the medallion on Bourtons and Stows is often badly positioned so that part of it disappears into the welt. It tends to be more of a problem on smaller sizes.
I have seen a pair with the medallion partially hidden in one boot and not in another! I almost bought them only to notice the problem at the last minute. Rather surprising for a company that takes so much pride in its production quality and control.

BSTM

Reaction score
This made me laugh :laugh:

I think their justification could have been more along the lines of: "we realised that the Division Road make ups are f**cking awesome, so decided to sell some ourselves".
Yep - just what I thought! I got some Robert's in Horween Natural Dublin from Div Rd a few weeks ago and just love them (despite the UK imported price)

Attachments

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This made me laugh :laugh:

I think their justification could have been more along the lines of: "we realised that the Division Road make ups are f**cking awesome, so decided to sell some ourselves".
One million percent ..

SumDude

Reaction score
I can't wait to see what they have to offer. Although I just ordered two pair from Division Road. 😅

Mart73

Reaction score
It's a lottery to find a pair of Tricker's boots with correctly aligned laces like a pair of Clark's. Here's a pair of Tricker's Allan boots which have the same fault. Note the misaligned facings causing the eyelets on the left boot to appear staggered. The outer left side is forward of the right side by about 1/2 cm and can't be corrected with lacing. Dismantling the boots may be an option, but replacement would be more cost-effective. Hopefully, the new Allan boots to be released on 15th October would pass QC.

I'd like to see a photo of the badly positioned medallions. That would also suggest a problem with consistent alignment of the facings. The Henry style luckily seems immune.

Attachments

Mart73

Reaction score
I'm going to check my Tricker's boots for the medallion under welt issue. In glancing through recent posts, not many of the laces are level, or rather the facings are sometimes way out of alignment so that the whole boots is twisted.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.