• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Canadianguy

Reaction score
Enjoying my Stows, brass eyelets and all.
image.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Canadianguy

Reaction score
Lovely looking pair of boots you've got there.

Thanks man.

I was going to suggest you could sent them to B Nelson in NYC to replace the eyelets but looked up the cost. $12 per eyelet which is fairly insane. At that price you'd be better off buying a new pair.

There's that guy Aram in Virginia who is supposed to be good http://www.ahoneshoes.com/About-Us_ep_7.html

Personally, I much prefer the shiny brass eyelet look.

Good suggestions zippy. I think I'll just enjoy them as they are for now! :cheers:

Barcode

Reaction score
I've almost run out of the wax that came with my tricker's. I know it's made by saphir, but saphir makes a ton of products. What one wax or cream should I buy to keep the boots in shape, without overdoing the whole maintenance routine?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's just the regular pate de luxe paste wax. Maybe pick up some conditioner cream like Renoveteur too.

Funny, one time I received a tin of Grenson branded wax with a pair of Tricker's.

MSAINT

Reaction score
I know it's made by saphir, but saphir makes a ton of products. What one wax or cream should I buy to keep the boots in shape, without overdoing the whole maintenance routine?

For "everyday" the best is the Crème Surfine Pommadier by Saphir, Médaille d'or is perfect too (also a Saphir).
http://www.avel.com/saphir-beaute-d...-surfine-pommadier-saphir-beaute-du-cuir.html
To clean and simply nurrish my boots I use the great Saphir's Créme Universelle.
https://www.valmour.fr/cirage-creme-universelle-saphir.html

The one Tricker's (and other brands) offer in tin boxes il like Zippy said, the Cirage Pâte de Luxe
https://www.valmour.fr/cirage-pate-de-luxe-saphir.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads