• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Sole Boy

Reaction score
Sadly not at the moment. But I did put up a picture when they were 9 months old https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...d-boots-thread.198359/page-1538#post-11084347
And I see Zippyh has kindly put up 2 pictures. In general, I'd say mine are noticeably darker now then when I got them. Also, one was a little darker than the other when they arrived, but not to the point of returning, if that would have been a lot of hassle from the UK. Glad I kept and they remain my favourite Tricker's. Dublin though is not a leather for perfectionists
That doesn't really count though. Probably worth noting that neither of the two pairs in those pictures really look as though they have had even six weeks worth of proper wear.

Last edited:

Fenners81

Reaction score
I'm looking at some Henry boots in burnished tan. Does anyone have any experience of this colour? It looks a lot like acorn to me but maybe more on the brown side. I'm not a fan of acorn personally so I'm wondering if this could be a decent alternative.

This is the picture as advertised.
1701359965263.png

princealbert

Reaction score
Never heard of a Tricker’s colour called burnished tan. However there is a colour called 1001 burnished (odd name I know) and this is similar to acorn but perhaps slightly darker.

BSTM

Reaction score
That doesn't really count though. Probably worth noting that neither of the two pairs in those pictures really look as though they have had even six weeks worth of proper wear.
Fair and good point and an observation that probably applies to most of the pictures in the forum - I think it's relatively rare to see a persistently or hard used pair of shoes or boots here. Certainly, my own DRs in Dublin have perhaps been used for 2 months in the 27 months I've had them.

Re Dublin ageing these links may prove useful:
The 6th features Dublin and the 15th Dublin in the Robert context:
https://www.stitchdown.com/patina-thunderdome/all-thunderdome-winners-2022-23/

Edited to point to 15th/Robert example of ageing

Last edited:

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
I have just received some pairs of Stow boots (Black calf and C shade gorse). I notice the toe box feels low for me, it pinches the top of my toes. Will this get better once broken in?
I had this happen to me on a pair of vibergs and returned them for a half size up. I didn’t want to risk keeping the smaller pair and the shallow toe box never breaking in, probably better to return

Angel91

Reaction score
It’s weird but I’ve been thinking about tricker's reliability in terms of sizing… I got my first Stow, in kudu leather, almost 2 years ago and fell in love, I’ve always had wide feet and they fit perfectly. No break in, in fact, after a while I thought they might be too big… afterwards I’ve purchased another 3 pairs of stows, and each of them has had different problems. Blisters in the heel, toe box rubbing my toes, but no consistency in the problems. Every pair has felt different… anyway, I suppose I was lucky with my first purchase and the rest of the experience is just a matter of breaking them in. We’ll see.

Sole Boy

Reaction score
Fair and good point and an observation that probably applies to most of the pictures in the forum - I think it's relatively rare to see a persistently or hard used pair of shoes or boots here. Certainly, my own DRs in Dublin have perhaps been used for 2 months in the 27 months I've had them.

Re Dublin ageing these links may prove useful:
The 6th place features Dublin https://www.stitchdown.com/patina-thunderdome/all-thunderdome-winners-2022-23/
True, but I think the original question was about how they actually age, and the pictures don't properly represent that, a pair with a year or two's wear would not look almost brand new.

A large part of the inherent beauty of these shoes and boots is how they wear in over time. That is one of the reasons people pay a premium for them. The article you kindly posted demonstrates how wonderfully certain types of leather can age.

Collecting every pair under the sun only to box them up and let them gather dust is fine, but it isn't what most people would want to do. It is more akin to collecting something like stamps imo.

These boots are made for walking.

Fenners81

Reaction score
I've ordered the Henry's over commando in 1001. Saw Crafty's photo of his from a few years back which tipped me over the edge. Intrigued to see this colour and give Chelsea's a go as they're not typically my thing but as always for poor old me, only £200 so not too bothered if I only wear occasionally.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeem1