• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Matches has those Stow in khaki suede for $270 and an extra 10% with EXTRA10 code.

Does anyone have any shoes in that colorway? Curious to see what the color looks like in hand.

I think these are the same green Stows. I got them from Matches who described them as "khaki green". Tricker's call them earth green.
l7ygod4kqi-_ujkho-cutq-jpg.1335443

LippyLee

Reaction score

Mirror_Mau

Reaction score
Just received Mawsley Boots in millitaire bookbinder. Ordered them from Tricker's outlet webshop with an extra 20% off.
msl1.jpg

msl2.jpg

Look good at first glance, love the colour, but don't smell well. Usually I'd enjoy the semll of new leather when unboxing but this pair only comes with strong chemical smell that makes me feel uncomfortable. I know the real issue of bookbinder is bad ageing and crease, that's why many mates reject bookbinder, but considered the price I decided to give it a try. So let's see after a couple time wears.
p.s. No shoe bags included, and I have to size up a half size for this W2298 last for a good fit.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how they age--please keep us updated. So many poeple have ironclad beliefes about bookbinder, but I've never seen anyone post any direct experience with a Trickers pair/

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any suede Bourton (or probably Stow) owners can comment on if the fit differs at all from the calf?

There's a couple of potential options caught my eye at a certain retailer who only stocks full sizes ?

a half size up from my current acorn Bourton's would probably be ideal but was wondering if the suede gives a bit easier?

a whole size up would probably be huge on me.

Oh and they are both reverse suede which I appreciate may give less than standard suede? Not sure about that!

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Any suede Bourton (or probably Stow) owners can comment on if the fit differs at all from the calf?

There's a couple of potential options caught my eye at a certain retailer who only stocks full sizes ?

a half size up from my current acorn Bourton's would probably be ideal but was wondering if the suede gives a bit easier?

a whole size up would probably be huge on me.

Oh and they are both reverse suede which I appreciate may give less than standard suede? Not sure about that!
Definitely gives more, sooner, than calf. I’d not alter my sizing though. True of suede on any brand.

Leanderthal

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Stow in Caramel Kudu will be restocked? Just catching on to Trickers... was that a one and done?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Kind of a meh selection of sale stuff although the museum Henry is somewhat appealing.

ROW link
UK

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Kind of a meh selection of sale stuff although the museum Henry is somewhat appealing.

ROW link
UK
Museum suits old Henry..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads