• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

nzomatrix

Reaction score
Are sleeves easy to shorten on the Barbour Chelsea? I just received the Barbour Chelsea from Country Attire and it fits great except for the sleeves.

vicemarc

Reaction score
How do Barbour jackets handle perspiration? I ask because I wore my Bedale (in sage) the other day and I noticed that there was significant moisture from my back and the inner tartan lining was really moist. I let it air-dry overnight and I noticed this morning that there was a slight discoloration on the outer shell, almost like a horizontal line from where the cotton tartan lining ends and the bottom where there is nylon on the bottom third. The half where the tartan lining is is a bit lighter in color compared to the bottom, which is a bit darker.

Can reproofing fix this? Or is this a "sweat stain" that will forever be etched on my Bedale?

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ashby in navy now on sale at Nordstrom. Link it through your Discover card from Discover's site for an extra 5% back or try Ebates for a bit back. Oddly enough did an End search with google to compare price before placing the Nordstrom order and got a link for End for the same price. End has it in olive while Nordstrom does not. Nice price on both considering the Bedale is $375 or so here in the States.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Ashby in navy now on sale at Nordstrom.  Link it through your Discover card from Discover's site for an extra 5% back or try Ebates for a bit back.  Oddly enough did an End search with google to compare price before placing the Nordstrom order and got a link for End for the same price.  End has it in olive while Nordstrom does not.  Nice price on both considering the Bedale is $375 or so here in the States.

Thanks for the PSA.

FWIW, I ended up paying about $46 customs on an Ashby from End. The Ashby itself was $212 + $12 shipping at the time.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are sleeves easy to shorten on the Barbour Chelsea?  I just received the Barbour Chelsea from Country Attire and it fits great except for the sleeves. 

I have a Chelsea.. nothing special about the cuffs on those. Should be an easy fix.

Thanks for the PSA.

FWIW, I ended up paying about $46 customs on an Ashby from End. The Ashby itself was $212 + $12 shipping at the time.

Yikes really?! I ordered my Chelsea during the Thanksgiving/pre-Christmas sale and got it for a steal. I think around $145 and no customs!! I have heard of people complaining of the customs from End but I've bought from them repeatedly with no hit... hmmm.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I just dug up the fedex bill. It was $34 for the customs plus another $6 "advancement fee". There was no brokerage fee. You're usually pretty safe from getting hit with anything if the order is under $200.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're usually pretty safe from getting hit with anything if the order is under $200.

ok maybe that's it... I didn't realize there was like a customs threshold so to speak. anyway, thanks and enjoy the jacket!

thisstylishlife

Reaction score
Does anyone have any feedback on the Tokito Shoreman from a few seasons back? I'm curious if it fits closer to standard barbours or more like other tokitos. I'm a L in the commander, but would want a little extra room for layering if I can track down a shoreman.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any feedback on the Tokito Shoreman from a few seasons back? I'm curious if it fits closer to standard barbours or more like other tokitos. I'm a L in the commander, but would want a little extra room for layering if I can track down a shoreman.

It came in two different variants. The cinnamon colored ventile version and a dark olive waxed version. I have the latter. I got a large as I have in all of my other Tokitos. I don't have the Commander, but I have about 8-10 other Tokitos and the Shoreman is the loosest of the bunch. IMO that's the look he was going for. It's stand Tokito in the chest and shoulders, but boxier in the body. It can be drawn in at the waist and I've also drawn it at the bottom ever so slightly.

thisstylishlife

Reaction score

It came in two different variants.  The cinnamon colored ventile version and a dark olive waxed version.  I have the latter.  I got a large as I have in all of my other Tokitos.  I don't have the Commander, but I have about 8-10 other Tokitos and the Shoreman is the loosest of the bunch.  IMO that's the look he was going for.  It's stand Tokito in the chest and shoulders, but boxier in the body.  It can be drawn in at the waist and I've also drawn it at the bottom ever so slightly.  

Thanks, guess I'll be looking for a large cinnamon if anyone wants to lighten their closet.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up the Norton & Sons Barra jacket through Barneys sale. I wear a 42 or 44 in Barbour jackets and the XL Barra fits great. It's really a stunning piece and was a must buy for me at $309.

I also stopped by Barbour Kittery today to check out the Presidents Day sale. They had a full size run of the Norton St. Kilda and a navy Barra in XXL. I also noticed the Dept. B Shordace and Field Hoodie in lots of sizes. Not sure what they were priced at or when the sale ends but if you are local it may be worth a visit.

Last edited:

Vicious49

Reaction score

I picked up the Norton & Sons Barra jacket through Barneys sale. I wear a 42 or 44 in Barbour jackets and the XL Barra fits great. It's really a stunning piece and was a must buy for me at $309.

So that means you sized up 1? Because a 42 is normally a large correct? I have a 38 Bedale and a Chelsea in a Small so I'm trying to figure out what size I would b in the Barra. If I go TTS I'd order a Medium. I'm so confused on what size to get.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I finally received my Barra from Barney's that I ordered over two weeks ago.
Ground ship + ice storm in Oregon delayed it and I went on vacation before it arrived.

Anyway, I'm usually a 44 suit and ordered the XL. It fits well in the shoulders but the body is sort of boxy. The button cinches help.
I could layer a fairly heavy sweater if I were so inclined. The measurements on End are accurate for the XL at least.

Kudos to CTBrummie for pointing out how cool this jacket is. I'd seen it online and thought it was kind of meh. Very happy I got it.
The odor is pretty strong. I can smell it from across the room right now. It's not unpleasant.
It smells like a Jack Spade X Barbour I got last year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads