• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rustic is the brown color right?

they havent put anything on sale yet right? waiting for a navy bedale to go on sale. missed out on the 30% off jcrew deal :(

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was just in the Georgetown Barbour store and tried on a Beaufort in "rustic." What do you guys think of rustic vs. the classic olive?

I went for the Beaufort in Rustic - I like it and it gets better with wear, but I already had an olive Barbour (trooper).

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rustic is the brown color right?

they havent put anything on sale yet right? waiting for a navy bedale to go on sale. missed out on the 30% off jcrew deal :(

If that's the case, I saw it on my way to work in I think the Bedale. Looked good.

DC Office Hack

Reaction score

rustic is the brown color right?(

Yes, it's brown with a hint of red. Rust.

By the way, the G-town store is worth going to if for no other reason that for talking to the manager, who is both beautiful and friendly. I should add patient, too, since I've now been in there twice trying stuff on without spending a dime.

imys

Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone have any experience with the Barbour Repair Department in New Hampshire in terms of mailing your jacket to them for alterations? I need to alter my jacket but cannot find an official place in Canada. According to their website, they'll do alterations for Cdn customers but ive read some frightening reviews about jackets being lost and lack of customer service. Your insights would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
-I

demian19003

Reaction score
Barbour bedale " pinstripe" model Yay or nay?

I think it's great.

Would not work for me, Bedale are too short, and I prefer the models with belts..
..but others of different body types than mine would make it work just fine.

It is a nice, subtle design change for the Bedale.

Thomas Jardin

Reaction score
Hello to everyone, just a question, I recently purchased a beautiful Barbour Longhurst Jacket in size M , and after receiving it, I had a doubt about its size, so I wondered if anyone could help me here, because the customer service didn't gave me a satifying answer.
The fact is that I feel it is a bit tight under my arms and on my shoulders, also, the sleeves seems just slightly short, but I think this comes from the cutting of the jacket. Nonetheless, the jacket is allright in terms of depth on the chest.
I often have that kind of issues with my garments, because I have large shoulders for my size, and i'm not very thick, so I'm often between two sizes.

I measure 179cm, for 75kgs, and my measurements are:
104cm / 41 inches (approx) for my chest circumference
52 cm / 20.5 inches from shoulder to shoulder
60 cm (approx) / 23.5 inches for the back length
50 cm (approx) / 20 inches from pit to pit
67 cm / 26.3 inches for my arms lenght (to the basis of the thumb)
86cm / 34 inches for the waist

Which size would you advise me to take? I fear to have an excessively oversized jacket if I change for a L large one.
Many thanks in advance for your responses gentlemens, and greetings from France.

Here are some pictures:

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Real quick, I think I get where he's coming from. Looks great, but he can feel it just above the armpit. Happens with one or two Tokihito Beacon Heritage pieces for me like the Wool Fisherman's jacket. Large looks great on me, especially in the body, but it's just too uncomfortable above the pit. The rest of the Tokihito I bought in Large are all fine. So with the Wool Fisherman's jacket I have an XL on the way which I'll be getting altered from just below the chest down.

Thomas Jardin, I would make sure you're comfortable. Looks great in the photos, but if it's uncomfortable then you probably don't want it. If the size up is more comfortable and you think you can have a tailor do something with it, then maybe explore that option. It'll probably cost you a bit though.

Agree with everyone else about the arms up thing. I think extending your hand out straight ahead as if to grab a door or shake a hand is more realistic. Maybe hugging yourself (don't laugh) gives you and idea too. Sit down in it as well.

Good luck.

flumestory

Reaction score

Fit honestly looks spot on to me.

+1. The sleeves, shoulder and overall fit look great to me. It feels awkward for me if my sleeves come near the joint of the thumb and index finger and prefer the length as in the picture (even a bit shorter than that as I could wear gloves). Also prefer a slim fit like yours in the picture.

If you plan to exercise and move your arms a lot then I understand that the tight arm pit might feel awkward but I like the look of the fit. Like BLAUGRANA said, if the arm pit now feels definitely too tight for you, then you may want to consider the size. I suspect L with the same clothing underneath may be too boxy and alterations could be needed if you want similar (good) look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads