1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Along with that slimmer fit you'll get snap closures on the wrong side.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  2. KID AD

KID AD Member

Hey, guys. im desperately need 'barbour bourne camo jacket'. ANYBODY KNOWS WHERE TO BUY IT? [​IMG]

i found some L size on online but i want M size. please tell me where can i buy this M size holy funky jacket. I don't care if it's new or used. thank you very much.

3. TauKappaEpsilon

TauKappaEpsilon Senior member

Look into the new polo line and get the Argon. It's a waxed jacket that is significantly slimmer than the bedale and beaufort.

4. DesmondD

DesmondD Well-Known Member

I can live with that... would it have a noticeably feminine shape to the jacket?

5. Stewbone

Stewbone Senior member

Just received my bedale back from the factory and I had asked them to repair a tear, rewax, and add a leather trim to the bottom hem. The repair exceeded my expectation and turned out to be much cheaper than what a local tailor would have charged. Here are some pictures of the repair and bonus bag:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They additionally tightened up some loose threads and got this 16 year old jacket back to prime shape.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Anyone know how often oi polloi updates their stock?

7. MrKaizen

MrKaizen Well-Known Member

A very professional service

8. tom delgado

tom delgado Well-Known Member

May you post a pic of the leather trim on botton please? Great work on your jacket!!

9. TauKappaEpsilon

TauKappaEpsilon Senior member

Can skylkoil jacket be rewaxed using thornproof wax?

10. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

^ yes it's the cotton finish that differs not the wax.

11. tom delgado

Last week talking about re proofing my wax Beaford the shop girl told me about the possibility to "switch" my jacket from wax to sylkoil, for the smell she says. Assuming that i LIKE my Barbours smell, is it possible to change proofing? What's the tecnique they use? Do they clean away all the old wax and apply from zero on sylkoil or are both things mixed togheter? Last info, is sylkoil less greasy and sticky than wax? Thank you all!

12. OmniscientCause

Shouldnt you have asked the chick that worked there...? Not to give you a hard time but Im sure she would have known the answer.

13. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Sylkoil and Thornproof use the same wax!

The difference is the cotton - Sylkoil is lighter weight and has a slightly peached finish. Re-waxing won't effect the smell...

1 person likes this.
  14. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Senior member

Tried on a Bedale and fit well in a 38. Found it weirdly short in the body though, so I think I'm going for a Beaufort instead. What size Beaufort should I go if I'm a 38 in the Bedale? Is the fit drastically different, or would I be a 38 in both? Looking for a slim-ish fit.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  15. OmniscientCause

might be mistaken, but should fit the same just longer...did you try on equestrian bedale? That is even shorter than the traditional.

1 person likes this.
  16. tom delgado

@omniscientcause
    I forgot it [​IMG] because I was in a hurry..girlfriend waiting in car [​IMG]

17. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Stewbone, your jacket looks great. Thanks for posting pics. Hope it lasts another 16 years!

By the way, I just had my Beaufort in to Barbour for a repair & rewax ( http://www.styleforum.net/t/222059/offical-barbour-thread/1560#post_6546282 ), but I didn't get the fancy bag. What gives?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  18. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

Does anyone have any experience with the zip-in liner for the bedale/beaufort? I'm wondering how much warmer it makes the jacket for the winter.

19. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Fit is the exact same, only difference is length, game pockets, and no elastic cuffs.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  20. tom delgado

I have the button fixed man Made fur lining, it makes the Beaufort considerably warmer!