• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just bought an International A225 waxed (beeswax) cotton motorcycle jacket.  It's a dust/lint magnet.  How do you keep it dust/lint free?  I run a lint roller on it and keep it clean for a minute.  Then the dust, lint, hair, etc. come back with vengeance.  Drives me nuts.

Once you've worn it in the rain a couple of times the stickiness goes away. I wouldn't use a lint roller on it as it may leave residue that will prolong the process.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Once you've worn it in the rain a couple of times the stickiness goes away. I wouldn't use a lint roller on it as it may leave residue that will prolong the process.

What's the best way to make the wax look more blotchy for that cool vintage look?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a navy Barbour Sapper, and it is much warmer than I thought. I have only used it twice since I bought it. Too warm for spring in my city. I hope I'd  be able to use it more in the fall. 

I believe there's both a sapper and lightweight/flyweight sapper...could be wrong.

I have a flyweight Sapper. It's was discontinued 3-4 yrs ago. No liner and uses Barbours lightest wax cotton at 4 oz. I love it, it's a nice hybrid of a motorcycle and military inspired design. Perfect 3 season jacket. I go with a Beaufort or bedale in winter, late fall.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Other than STP, where can I buy Barbour at a discount?

BTW, are the Barbour jackets sold at STP B-stock/seconds? The Barbour UPC tag on mine has the word "sample" on it.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Look for a UK retailer at sale time that still ships to USA.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the best way to make the wax look more blotchy for that cool vintage look?

That's a function of parts of the jacket soaking through while other parts don't and some parts getting rubbed or stretched more than others. As the poster above said that can can only be achieved by wearing it over time.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
That's a function of parts of the jacket soaking through while other parts don't and some parts getting rubbed or stretched more than others. As the poster above said that can can only be achieved by wearing it over time.

Is it possible to achieve the vintage look without exposing the jacket to water? It doesn't rain much here in SoCal. Can I do it with the jacket on a hanger and mist it with a water sprayer bottle?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I'm looking at buy an SL Bedale.

I am 42 suit, relatively slim waist with wide shoulders. I wear a medium in the Barbour Liddesdale.

I probably will wear a shirt and sweater underneath and would like the freedom to add a liner down the track.

L or XL? thanks

An xl is going to be too big for you.
I wear large Liddesdale and xl in the SL.

kentpope

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy