• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Obama can't live without his, how about you?

B1FF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
sectera-edge.jpg

Yeah, that looks like a BlackBerry designed by the government.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's not so much a question of addiction so much as it is one of slavery.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flashback
I am completely addicted

for anyone wondering what blackberry has over other smart phones, well, the functionality of the email service is second to none. I will be sitting at my computer which is set to check for emails every minute and they will come to my blackberry first. Additionally the BB OS is extremely fast & IMO quite intuitive. Performing things like copy & paste, or the way it parses info & makes it super easy to add it to the address book is awesome. I know a LOT of people who got iPhones when they came out, only to switch back to BB because they can text & email so much faster. Not only that, but in terms of communication it is an amazing machine. I can SMS (text) MMS (picture) PIN (blackberry exclusive, gives you delivered & read confirmation) BBM (same thing, also BB exclusive) email, instant message, and finally call on the phone. There might even be some communication method that I have left out. Its also very smart when it comes to handling international numbers and such.

Really my only gripe is the design of the phones & OS... while RIM is getting much better, I still lust for phones from Nokia, Sony Ericsson, & HTC for their beautiful industrial design. I had to buy a Nokia N95 as a back-up phone because it was just too damn sexy, and I am very tempted to buy an Xperia X1 or N97 when it comes out.

Any experience with the Google G1 phone (offered by T-Mobile)?

flashback

Reaction score
a couple friends got them when they first came out. I was very impressed by the G1. While I thought Android would be cool, I wasn't thinking the hardware would be so great. Both the hardware & software were much better than I thought they would be. I do know they had some problems at first when it came to email & transferring their contacts from their previous phone, but that I just attribute to typical first-gen launch issues that are probably already worked out. I really think most phones should by combo touchscreen + slide-out QWERTY tactile keyboards like the G1, you're essentially getting the best of both worlds.

While I would be totally happy with a G1, ultimately there are just so many other beautiful phones out there pushing the envelope in terms of hardware & software. Maybe down the line when the phone goes through a few more generations.

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score
I am completely addicted

for anyone wondering what blackberry has over other smart phones, well, the functionality of the email service is second to none. I will be sitting at my computer which is set to check for emails every minute and they will come to my blackberry first. Additionally the BB OS is extremely fast & IMO quite intuitive. Performing things like copy & paste, or the way it parses info & makes it super easy to add it to the address book is awesome. I know a LOT of people who got iPhones when they came out, only to switch back to BB because they can text & email so much faster. Not only that, but in terms of communication it is an amazing machine. I can SMS (text) MMS (picture) PIN (blackberry exclusive, gives you delivered & read confirmation) BBM (same thing, also BB exclusive) email, instant message, and finally call on the phone. There might even be some communication method that I have left out. Its also very smart when it comes to handling international numbers and such.

Really my only gripe is the design of the phones & OS... while RIM is getting much better, I still lust for phones from Nokia, Sony Ericsson, & HTC for their beautiful industrial design. I had to buy a Nokia N95 as a back-up phone because it was just too damn sexy, and I am very tempted to buy an Xperia X1 or N97 when it comes out.

Pfft!!! I get all this with my iphone.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a couple friends got them when they first came out. I was very impressed by the G1. While I thought Android would be cool, I wasn't thinking the hardware would be so great. Both the hardware & software were much better than I thought they would be. I do know they had some problems at first when it came to email & transferring their contacts from their previous phone, but that I just attribute to typical first-gen launch issues that are probably already worked out. I really think most phones should by combo touchscreen + slide-out QWERTY tactile keyboards like the G1, you're essentially getting the best of both worlds.

While I would be totally happy with a G1, ultimately there are just so many other beautiful phones out there pushing the envelope in terms of hardware & software. Maybe down the line when the phone goes through a few more generations.

True. I am trying to stick with TMobile since I have a great rate plan with them (3,000 AnyTime minutes for $60), but their choice in phones leaves a lot to be desired...

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like a fat kid needs cake. I too switched off to a Q for about 24 hours, but went right back to a blackberry. This time I bought my own, so if I switch jobs, I dont have to be without it again. Its getting better and better every day, although I will say the storm was a step backwards.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads