• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

I'm considering purchasing a pair of PT trench boots from Nordstrom (natty cxl).  Any insight onto sizing relative to Allen Edmonds?  I'm an 11B-ish on a Brannock device and wear both 10.5B and 11B in AE's various lasts. 

They're supposed to be tts so probably 11 for you

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're supposed to be tts so probably 11 for you

The only thing is that they are pretty wide, so if you're a B width maybe 10.5..? Or if you want to wear insoles (the boots don't have much support) an 11 probably would work.

aDrummingDude

Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing a pair of PT trench boots from Nordstrom (natty cxl). Any insight onto sizing relative to Allen Edmonds? I'm an 11B-ish on a Brannock device and wear both 10.5B and 11B in AE's various lasts.
My experience with the trench boots is that they fit at least a half size large, with a huge toe box as well. Especially if you're foot is as narrow as you report, I'd go for a 10D if I were you. Nordstroms is pretty good about returns if it doesn't fit.

evolved

Reaction score
My experience with the trench boots is that they fit at least a half size large, with a huge toe box as well. Especially if you're foot is as narrow as you report, I'd go for a 10D if I were you. Nordstroms is pretty good about returns if it doesn't fit.
I think I may go with a 10.5 and see where it lands. My wife works for Nordstrom, so that makes things even easier :D

kentyman

Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing a pair of PT trench boots from Nordstrom (natty cxl). Any insight onto sizing relative to Allen Edmonds? I'm an 11B-ish on a Brannock device and wear both 10.5B and 11B in AE's various lasts.

Since Nordstrom has free returns, I'd suggest you try both the 10 and 10.5.

evolved

Reaction score
My 10.5 Trench Boots came in today and the fit is great with both thick, and thin, socks. These are great boots at full price, and my wifes discount made them even better :)

I also snagged a pair of brown CXL beefroll loafers off of ebay that were barely broken in. They're too small, unfortunately, so I'll be selling them for a better size (or Rancourt's).

Sorry for the sideways orientation....not sure why SF is making them look that way.

evolved

Reaction score
Also, are people using Venetian shoe cream, or another product? I've used Saphir Renovator on CXL and have had good results, but it's always been darker leather. Would Reno darken the natural CXL? Does VSC?

wonsmithr8

Reaction score
Also, are people using Venetian shoe cream, or another product? I've used Saphir Renovator on CXL and have had good results, but it's always been darker leather. Would Reno darken the natural CXL? Does VSC?

I've used VSC on it in the past and it darkens natural CXL. Either way, natural CXL is going to darken.

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received a pair of custom trail oxfords in brown waxed flash with Vibram 2060 soles today. They look amazing, are super light (relative to my other pair of ranger mocs) and fit perfectly. Pics to come....

aDrummingDude

Reaction score
My 10.5 Trench Boots came in today and the fit is great with both thick, and thin, socks. These are great boots at full price, and my wifes discount made them even better :)

I also snagged a pair of brown CXL beefroll loafers off of ebay that were barely broken in. They're too small, unfortunately, so I'll be selling them for a better size (or Rancourt's).

Sorry for the sideways orientation....not sure why SF is making them look that way.

cheers.gif

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks good! I thought about that combo but wasn't sure how it would look compared to the trench boots

Thanks! Truth be told I was partially inspired by your custom trench boots with the Huntsman leather. I love it - so much visual interest in that wax flesh. Excited to break these out soon!

anotheraccount

Reaction score
I've been considering the Navy Hunt Boot for about a year now but just can't seem to pull the trigger on them. I have Alden Indys for my brown/reddish pair, Wolverine 1K for my black and was looking to break the standard a bit and add a pair in navy. It's been surprisingly hard to find reviews about them and without being able to try them on, I guess the decision is taking into account the longevity and fit over style. On top of that, when I see them in the marketplace, they tend to be new and at a severe discount. Does anyone have the Navy Hunt Boots and if so, how long have you had them and what are your impressions? Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads