1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Oak Street Bootmakers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JRyder, Aug 31, 2010.

1. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

Yeah, I figured the laces were a personal choice. I'm an inveterate lace color changer myself :) I had no idea OSB would do custom orders like that.

2. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

Great pair of boots! The laces really add to that design

3. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

First run out for my custom ranger mocs in waxed flesh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

Must be the lighting but always forget how dark it starts out

1 person likes this.
  5. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

The lighting was not great but also pretty representative. They are dark indeed - looking forward to really roughing these guys up. If they look like your brothers boots eventually I will be very happy!

6. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

The UPS guy brought my color #8 dainite trench boots today. I was slightly apprehensive ordering them online without trying them on first, but I needn't have worried - they fit me beautifully. They also feel like a very nice upgrade from the Wolverine 1Ks that they're replacing. I'd be even happier if they had a cap toe, but as far as I can tell Oak St. hasn't made a color 8 cap toe yet.

@OakStreetBootmakers How about a navy blue Chromexcel cap toe with dainite or commando sole next? I would be all over that in a hot second.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

Man are those absolutely beautiful. Something about the burgundy leather that makes it look so much richer

8. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

Burgundy is my absolute favorite color in footwear. It's so versatile - it works with blue, black, grey, green, brown, tan - anything. Well, maybe not so much with purple pants.

9. meso

meso Senior member

Those are going to age beautifully.

10. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

Haha I almost thought about doing a custom navy cxl cap toe trench boot on Dainite but decided to pass. Not sure it would sell as well as the others. I do wish each trench boot that they're selling comes in toe cap and no toe cap versions

11. sazon

sazon Senior member

congrats! Looks great !

12. dgoldberg

dgoldberg Member

Got a pair of natural trench boots, so excited!

Has anyone use Montana Pitch Blend or obenauf's leather oil or as everyone using the venetian shoe cream

13. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Unless you don't mind them darkening up a LOT, I would stick with the VSC. For now anyway. Eventually the natural CXL Will darken up anyway, and then if you want I have your treatment you can use those heavier boot greases.

14. dgoldberg

dgoldberg Member

Got it, thanks.

What about water proofing with sno seal? necessary or not?

15. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I'd say only necessary if you really plan on walking through a lot of snow or water on repeated occasions. Otherwise, I would say let the natural CXL age on its own with any treatment for as long as possible. It's fun to see it take on its character without hurrying it along or changing the color drastically by oiling it up.

BTW, there are pics around the interweb of Hollowsleather's natural CXL White's Bounty Hunters that will give you an idea of how they will age. He is a leather worker who is often a voice against over treatment. As he says "guys over treat their boots, like 10x too much!".

16. dgoldberg

dgoldberg Member

Did you go for the same size as your wolverine 1K's? I went .5 size bigger, and the OSB fit almost perfectly right out of the box

17. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

I went with the same size (12 for both) and I'm using a slightly thinner insole than I used in the Wolverines (I put Sole heat moldable insoles in all my shoes for arch support). I think if I went up to a 12.5 they would have been too long for my taste.

18. dgoldberg

dgoldberg Member

Interesting. I wonder if I made a mistake and should have went for the same size. Will the stretch significantly over time if they don't start super snug?

19. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

Hey, everyone's feet are different :) if they feel good, they are good. I've only had these one day - time will tell.

20. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

Also, looks like Oak Street doesn't make a 12.5, so sizing up isn't an option for me (unless they have a 12.5 last for custom orders). The fit's definitely snugger than Wolverine, but it's hard to know what's perfect until the boots are broken in.