• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers

hc4thehc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh we ain't done here!..
bigstar[1].gif
Alright men, Here is a photo to show how the leather compares in color to our current navy and brown chromexcel. I so excited to make these for you guys. This Loden Green Chamois isn't a standard leather for Oak Street or for Horween - it's a special order that we've done just for the forum members. I know you guys want something special and different from the usual offerings and the chamois is a perfect way to set these shoes apart. Chamois is a neubuck, and for this run i've decided to oil it to make it a little darker and to strengthen it. This is a leather that will look uneblievable with wear. It'll scuff up and get a great rough track to it over time while still molding to your foot and being super soft. This is my favorite Oak Street shoe already, and I think we're only going to make 19 pairs for you guys - because I'm gonna make a pair for myself =) Also - I'll personally lightly burnish each pair and box them up for you. Can't wait to make these for you all, and start seeing the worn photos here in this thread
dsc0343xd.jpg
Again, Iron Heart forum only release and limited to just 20 pairs, so sign up right now! http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php
inlove.gif

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^yeah it be cool I they came out with that for FW, but highly doubt it.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man what a really expensive month for me :/

I was in a market for a navy penny loafer. I haven't lurk in swd in such a long time. It didn't took me too long to find oak street. I hope I got my size right, I'm a 8 TTS and I end up ordering a 7.5. Seem like every size is pre-order right now.

Last edited:

ralphdog

Reaction score
Just wanted to add a post to this thread so I can recommend George and Oak Street Bootmakers. I was such a pain in the a** to George as I tried to get my size right in a pair of penny loafers, and he was amazingly patient and offered truly phenomenal customer service, and the shoes speak for themselves :slayer:

I will definitely purchase from Oak Street again in the future.

Shingles

Reaction score

man what a really expensive month for me :/

I was in a market for a navy penny loafer. I haven't lurk in swd in such a long time. It didn't took me too long to find oak street. I hope I got my size right, I'm a 8 TTS and I end up ordering a 7.5. Seem like every size is pre-order right now.

What is TTS short for?
So you sized down half a size, how did they fit?

- - -

I'm about to order the Navy Vibram Sole CAMP BOOT. I'm usually size US 8.5 and since it's a 6 weeks production time I really want to order the right size.
I get a sense that alot of people are sizing down 1/2 a size. I'm between 8 and 8.5. I really don't know what to do! I'm gonna wear them with thin socks.

What's the general opinion regarding this sizing question? What to do!? I want to order asap! :slayer: :D

Last edited:

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What is TTS short for?
So you sized down half a size, how did they fit?

- - -

I'm about to order the Navy Vibram Sole CAMP BOOT. I'm usually size US 8.5 and since it's a 6 weeks production time I really want to order the right size.
I get a sense that alot of people are sizing down 1/2 a size. I'm between 8 and 8.5. I really don't know what to do! I'm gonna wear them with thin socks.

What's the general opinion regarding this sizing question? What to do!? I want to order asap! :slayer: :D

Order your true size on a boot. Only order 1/2 down if you are wearing sockless or thin socks. I ordered 1/2 size down on my vibram soled trail mocs a while back and ended up re-selling them, they did stretch to my bare foot, but I realized I would have been better off TTS even in those. I'm going to order some penny loafers and I will go 1/2 size down on those, as I would only wear them with dress socks or barefoot, and they are laceless so they really need that extra hold...but on a camp boot, that you will probably want to be able to wear substantial socks with, and which had high lacing that can be wrapped, don't risk going down 1/2 size. Just follow the directions on the site. 1/2 size down barefoot or thin sock...TTS normal socks. I would even caution people going 1/2 size down on most of the laced models regardless of how they wear them. I think these are pretty well true to size with exception to the slip on models.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads