• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^

+1

Got the Trail Oxfords in my regular dress shoe and boot size (I wear a 10D in everything except athletic shoes, where I wear a 10.5, and Red Wings where I wear a 9.5).

Could not be happier with fit, construction quality, or customer service. Best out there IMO. Reminds me of the same aesthetic that Epaulet abides by: simple, staple designs, made of amazing quality, at a reasonable price point.

Shingles

Reaction score

Order your true size on a boot. Only order 1/2 down if you are wearing sockless or thin socks. I ordered 1/2 size down on my vibram soled trail mocs a while back and ended up re-selling them, they did stretch to my bare foot, but I realized I would have been better off TTS even in those. I'm going to order some penny loafers and I will go 1/2 size down on those, as I would only wear them with dress socks or barefoot, and they are laceless so they really need that extra hold...but on a camp boot, that you will probably want to be able to wear substantial socks with, and which had high lacing that can be wrapped, don't risk going down 1/2 size. Just follow the directions on the site. 1/2 size down barefoot or thin sock...TTS normal socks. I would even caution people going 1/2 size down on most of the laced models regardless of how they wear them. I think these are pretty well true to size with exception to the slip on models.

Thanks alot for the clear explanation. On second thought I'll probably wear them with thin-medium socks during fall, and perhaps even thick socks during winter since I live in this stone cold place called Norway.

I'll go with my true size, 8.5.

Cheers mate!

rairhash

Reaction score
I am a size US10 on Clarks and Vans, should I go TTS with OakStreet?

uninkco

Reaction score
I usually wear an 11 dress shoe and a 10.5 in Clarks. I have medium width but sometimes an E width fits better...
I want to pick up the pennys and was wondering if a 10.5 would work if I plan on not wearing socks with them? Should I go with a 10? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

miran

Reaction score
Yes, I am also confused with Oak Street Bootmaking sizes.

There is a guy here called whatever123 who is the divinity on these matters. Maybe he can advise?

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's put this sizing ish to rest: go email George Vlagos directly (OSB owner) and ask him his advice. He's super approachable, and will get back at you in a no time... He did me right anyway!

(Big up, George :fistbump:)

Hit him up at [email protected], or on this forum under user name "oakstreetbootmakers". I've also talked to him by phone at: 6 three 0 - 6 six 4 - 6 2 zero 9 .

Last edited:

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I usually wear an 11 dress shoe and a 10.5 in Clarks. I have medium width but sometimes an E width fits better...
I want to pick up the pennys and was wondering if a 10.5 would work if I plan on not wearing socks with them? Should I go with a 10? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

If you wear a 11 dress shoe a 10 would be tiny. I wear a 9/42 dress shoe and a 42 in CP's. I take a 9 in OSB. I can technically go down to an 8.5 without socks but it's still snug...though CXL does stretch. In my opinion any of their laced shoes should be bought tts. Loafers/slip ons can be bought 1/2 size down.

Get your foot measured. Don't base it on Clarks or whatever sizing. Any shoe store can measure your foot on a Brannock. Whatever the measurement is is your true size. Buy that, especially if you have wide feet. Or, heed the advice about sizing 1/2 size down without socks. I think that advice might work for some people, but personally I think it can get kinda snug - though, CXL leather will stretch to conform to your foot.

I have a pair of the trail mocs with vibram sole tts. I will be buying the loafers .5 down because of the lack of laces.

uninkco

Reaction score

If you wear a 11 dress shoe a 10 would be tiny. I wear a 9/42 dress shoe and a 42 in CP's. I take a 9 in OSB. I can technically go down to an 8.5 without socks but it's still snug...though CXL does stretch. In my opinion any of their laced shoes should be bought tts. Loafers/slip ons can be bought 1/2 size down.

Get your foot measured. Don't base it on Clarks or whatever sizing. Any shoe store can measure your foot on a Brannock. Whatever the measurement is is your true size. Buy that, especially if you have wide feet. Or, heed the advice about sizing 1/2 size down without socks. I think that advice might work for some people, but personally I think it can get kinda snug - though, CXL leather will stretch to conform to your foot.

I have a pair of the trail mocs with vibram sole tts. I will be buying the loafers .5 down because of the lack of laces.

Thanks for the advice. I am measured at 10.5 on a brannock and between D to E width. Probably go with 10.5 on loafers and 11 on anything that needs socks.

Waiting for George to confirm as I have sent him an e-mail as well.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shameless plug--

8.5 Brown Vibram Sole Trail Oxford for 210 shipped.Wore like 2-3 times

tooshay

Reaction score
Bought the Oipolloi trail oxfords in cherry in my regular size (US 10) and had to return them, they were almost a size too big. My 2p.

JRyder

Reaction score

Bought the Oipolloi trail oxfords in cherry in my regular size (US 10) and had to return them, they were almost a size too big. My 2p.

The issue here is TTS. This seldom mean the size of one's chucks, vans, clarks, nikes, etc....And doesn't necessarily refer to one Brannock size either. I'm a solid 12 on the device, but my TTS dress/men's shoe is a 11.5. So if TTS is the size shoe you were in a benchmade mens shoe, than yes OSBM run TTS. However, this is rarely the same as a casule shoe size and not always the same at the number you get on Brannock device.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads