• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thenewjs

Reaction score
It's less restrictive and tends to be lighter plus if you play professionally your ankles is wrapped professionally anyways.

As for regular play, if you aren't prone to rolling your ankles then it shouldn't be a problem. **** happens and if you roll your ankle bad enough by stepping on someones foot, a high-top sneakers will likely not do much to help anyways.

If that happens I still rather have the high-tops. Goes to my original analogy, I rather wear a jimmy even-though I know it will feel better without it.

Knew a guy that played in low top chucks and that irked me.

Last edited:

thenewjs

Reaction score
nice man thanks pretty pricey for a hoodie not sure if I should wait or cop
Thats outlet bound for sure. The winter olympic goes to the outlet fast than the summer esspecially here in Texas. Simply because winter is gone by the time stores can sell out. Summer gear can be worn year round and still hits the clearance rack at the outlet.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^no unless the aau team is specifically involved with adidas.

the tech just isn't there.

it's funny, they say the lebron 11 are revolutionary from an industrial design perspective but all my kids say they hurt their feet

It is funny because it seems like when it comes to basketball shoes, Nikes tech just seems light years ahead.

All Reebok can come up with these days are Zigtechs? I did love Reeboks old DMX tech back then.

I even remember Adidas having a micro-chip that actually adjusted the cushion by motor int he heel.

Not really sure if they've given up completely because Nikes got the market cornered but it's kind of sad.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also speaking of tech, does any of your players have experience playing with APL? It's banned int eh NBA because it supposedly adds a few inches in your vertical leap. Curious if it actually works and if it is also banned in AAU or collegiate plays.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think a large part of it is simply resources. The overwhelming market share that Nike has gives them the ability to hire the best and keep pushing innovation. Everybody else is so far back because Nike is just a juggernaut.

thenewjs

Reaction score
I even remember Adidas having a micro-chip that actually adjusted the cushion by motor int he heel.

Not really sure if they've given up completely because Nikes got the market cornered but it's kind of sad.

Ha, I remember seeing these in FTL. I don't think the market was ready for a $200 shoe. Nike has the basketball market cornered for sure but it small compared to the other sports. For instance, the running market. Nike is the laughing stock among runners. No other shoe In Lukes Locker besides Nikes ever go on sale in that place.

I was able to get a pair of Racers for $90 and they had a whole room full of various flyknits marked down to $90. SA said they sell good online but in-store, not so much and thats the only reason they continue to carry them.

On the other hand Nike running apparel sells really well, compared to other brands.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I still Nike is making strives in the running shoe market, they have managed to put a "fashion" spin on em though and even surpassed NB as the casual runner shoe of choice.

I really cannot think of any good looking running shoe that looks good that isn't Nike. Ugly just always comes hand in hand with running shoes for some reason.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Also speaking of tech, does any of your players have experience playing with APL? It's banned int eh NBA because it supposedly adds a few inches in your vertical leap. Curious if it actually works and if it is also banned in AAU or collegiate plays.

one of the kids has them for ***** and giggles but they're banned

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think a large part of it is simply resources. The overwhelming market share that Nike has gives them the ability to hire the best and keep pushing innovation. Everybody else is so far back because Nike is just a juggernaut.

under armour missed their profit target but they have been hiring people from nike somewhat regularly

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^no idea but brooks and asics have cornered the market on butt ugly thats for sure.

imo, air max may be the worst running shoe in history. my neighbor is a podiatrist who works with athletes and said they might be ergonomically the worst on the market.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads