• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cameraman in olive & moss very nice , but needs to be half priced , and size 56 ..
Not seen 56 anywhere , and no answer from the emails sent ..

I can get away with a 52 in a Cameraman (54 in a Mallory jacket 56 in Mallory vest) but yes £999 is ridiculous however nice...

seer

Reaction score
Besides, I was wondering whether anyone has any experience with waxing (Cabourn) cotton jackets? I picked up a double breasted jacket from Marrkt about 1.5 years ago, which is made from heavy cotton and very much looks like the jacket below. As I am not 100% happy with it, I was considering to wax it myself to make it ready for the rainier days in London and to give it a cooler look... Any experiences / ideas, please share!

I have only re-waxed my Barbour or Filson jackets. It takes a while - you will need a good wax, you can get them from Filson or Barbour (only in green or black I believe). Then you need a hair dryer. You simply heat up an area of the jacket and rub the wax in, do that over the entire coat. If you have a tan color coat like above it will take on the tint of the color wax you are using.

The guy in this link has it right:

Last edited:

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score

Happy Cameraman owner here. Size 52 brown & navy! 

Fantastic, I love the brown and navy combo on both the Cameraman & the Mallorys for this season. It's such a great looking colourway - makes my all brown or all navy Cabourn jackets and coats look positively dull

Last edited:

PhilVo

Reaction score
To be very honest: I really like the gray Mallory, I am a big fan of the new oilcloth Everest - however, the brown/blue colour mix is not mine at all...

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's funny to me to see some of you guys saying that you don't like the new Crazy Cameraman but you really liked previous versions...because I have never, for the life of me, understood why anyone would purchase one of them. Now the new one for this season, I am crazy about! Besides one of the Filson collabs, it's at the top of my list for this season. To each his own.

P.S. I am more stylish than everyone else on this thread so that must make this seasons crazy the best crazy!

I have both the AW12 and AW13 Crazy Cameramen. I definitely prefer both to the one you're referring to. I was going to say I prefer the AW13 to the AW12, but I like them both. I think UshowU has an AW13 left if anyone is looking for one.

Speaking of the AW14 Crazy Cameraman, it looks as though there is a second colorway. Gentry is carrying Cabourn:

http://gentrynyc.com/collections/nigel-cabourn/products/nigel-cabourn-cameran-mix-jack

That one for me is the better of the two AW14 colorways, but I still prefer the previous seasons. One thing about the one Gentry has though, how cool would it be with the navy ventile and just the solid grey Harris Tweed?

The Aigle gear is massively overpriced and I'm not really into any of it.
The only one is the black donkey jacket that's priced similar to the brown UK version.
Only the UK one is almost 50% leather.

The Black Aigle one is just wool and is the same if not more expensive!!

Totally agree on the Aigle collaboration.

Last edited:

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
>>Speaking of the AW14 Crazy Cameraman, it looks as though there is a second colorway. Gentry is carrying Cabourn:

>>http://gentrynyc.com/collections/nigel-cabourn/products/nigel-cabourn-cameran-mix-jack

I notice they say the upper on their version is Ventile. A mistake? I couldn't find the latest Cameraman anywhere I looked now, but isn't that back to Mackintosh?

Those photos on the Gentry site though... Is it just me or does it look very strange to wear two buttons undone?

Last edited:

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I talked to the employees at Filson Seattle store today and they said they aren't sure if they will sell them at the store. One of the employees said that if they do sell it, they might be the last to release it and that it should be online. It seemed like they couldn't really say much because there are no actual announcement on the collab yet.

I spoke to an employee of another store last week and he knew they were coming. He even had detailed product information. They got their stock in today. I didn't ask how many of each they got, but they received both Cape jackets so I'm assuming Seattle got in both. Also, when I spoke with him last week he mentioned they probably wouldn't get many in. Again, I would give them another visit/call. The store I dealt with even got another item that sold out online but which the New York store said they never received, yet this smaller store did. Of course that product is better suited to the store I spoke with so who knows, but I suspect the guy I spoke with in New York was mistaken.

Also, if anyone is interested in the "matching" field bag, that matches the brown colorway of the Cape jacket, you can get it from Sierra Trading Post for about half off right now. Specifically it matches the red and black wool pattern. I know Filson also did a two-tone field bag in tan with a green wool flap that would match the green colorway in terms of the wools.

Last edited:

migsy999

Reaction score
Just got mine and to say it's an amazing jacket is an understatement.
It's better than my Cameraman IMO.
The oiled cloth has a heavy leather feel to it. It's built like a tank.

The only problem is, it's large sized. I grabbed a small but it's still big on me. I now have to decide whether to keep it and wear a Mallory underneath or try and grab an XS which are rare as chickens lips.

I might sell this at the right price. I paid a hell of a lot though in postage from US and customs killed me.

PM me if you might be interested. I'm still not sure I will sell but offers I can't refuse might tip me over.

migsy999

Reaction score
Pretty much same as a cameraman 48. They call this a small in Cabourn sizing, but I'm a 46 mallory and cameramen, which I'd call a small.
This is much more a medium IMO.
Shops I spoke to said it came up big. I just couldn't find an XS after Context sold out in less than a day.
So to answer your question, this is really a size 48 in Cabourn sizing. Same as my 48 cameraman. I have a 48 in tweed to wear over my mallory. Otherwise I'm a 46.
Do you understand any of that? :D

Check out that material. Really thick and has that leather look. Really aged and unique. I love it.

Last edited:

Scoobersti

Reaction score

I spoke to an employee of another store last week and he knew they were coming.  He even had detailed product information.  They got their stock in today.  I didn't ask how many of each they got, but they received both Cape jackets so I'm assuming Seattle got in both.  Also, when I spoke with him last week he mentioned they probably wouldn't get many in.  Again, I would give them another visit/call.  The store I dealt with even got another item that sold out online but which the New York store said they never received, yet this smaller store did.  Of course that product is better suited to the store I spoke with so who knows, but I suspect the guy I spoke with in New York was mistaken.  

Also, if anyone is interested in the "matching" field bag, that matches the brown colorway of the Cape jacket, you can get it from Sierra Trading Post for about half off right now.  Specifically it matches the red and black wool pattern.  I know Filson also did a two-tone field bag in tan with a green wool flap that would match the green colorway in terms of the wools.  

Thanks for the info, I'll probably give them a call today or maybe stop in this weekend since I might be in the area. I found another place that is carrying the cape jacket and the clip jacket with the big collar. Wilderness Workshop in Boston. I talked to them and they were really nice, I'm still on the fence on getting one, so I didn't order one.

cositgotdark

Reaction score
I found this on Instagram posted by a Japanese user who possibly works at the Army Gym store. It's an incredible looking piece as it is but then I noticed a toggle on the inside - reversible maybe??

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads