• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It was 5-6 Oz for years but we recently went up a bit. Not sure the masses are ready, lol, but will keep that in mind!
To be clear, our work leathers like tan Teton have always been 7-8. The heritage leathers are what went up. I’m not sure there’s much benefit in 8-9 vs 7-8, but you never know.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the expense of horsehide... Did I read this correctly?
I love HH, but I also like Veg Tan... now... if any PNW maker offered a light (in shade - not weight)
Horsehide Veg Tan I would push @andy b. out of the line to be the first order!
Even a nice Chestnut would be OK...
This from another maker, but it goes to show it can be done!
1604867439686.png

Cromber88

Reaction score
Hi @Nicks Boots Shuyler

Been reading this thread and a few others, i have some sizing question!

I have an order placed for 10 inch builder Pro, 55 medium Arch with safety toe. I received my fit sheet and took my measurements but I'm not sure what size input in my google forms under the field "What length would you like us to build". I am currently wearing Danner Quarry, Gortex, with non metallic toe, with a size 10.5 EE. I don't own any similar style boots such as Whites etc. According to my fit sheet measurements/tracings, it is indicating 11.5 EE. What would you recommend in terms of sizing, I'm in Canada and I don't believe a try on is an option. I have read in a few places online to down size one full size (not sure of the accuracy). Anyways your input would be appreciated before I submit my measurements online.

Thanks,

Chris

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @Nicks Boots Shuyler

Been reading this thread and a few others, i have some sizing question!

I have an order placed for 10 inch builder Pro, 55 medium Arch with safety toe. I received my fit sheet and took my measurements but I'm not sure what size input in my google forms under the field "What length would you like us to build". I am currently wearing Danner Quarry, Gortex, with non metallic toe, with a size 10.5 EE. I don't own any similar style boots such as Whites etc. According to my fit sheet measurements/tracings, it is indicating 11.5 EE. What would you recommend in terms of sizing, I'm in Canada and I don't believe a try on is an option. I have read in a few places online to down size one full size (not sure of the accuracy). Anyways your input would be appreciated before I submit my measurements online.

Thanks,

Chris
Hey Chris, just replied to your DM with more info, but think you should be pretty true to size.

Sam5p

Reaction score
I love HH, but I also like Veg Tan... now... if any PNW maker offered a light (in shade - not weight)
Horsehide Veg Tan I would push @andy b. out of the line to be the first order!
Even a nice Chestnut would be OK...
This from another maker, but it goes to show it can be done!
View attachment 1493115
@Nicks Boots Shuyler, do you have any pics of the natural veg tanned leather planned? I saw this on W&C's website and it looks really light:
1605319985583.png
1605319985583.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics