• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Boots

andy b.

Reaction score
They are the standard lace to toe Hotshot. I think the exaggerated toe bend is just from me bending down 1000 times and the toe bending so much that it took a set, if you know what I mean. It isn't a special last or double midsole or anything.

Andy B your boots what model are they? Do you know the last? The toe seems to have an exaggerated bend.

Caballero81

Reaction score
I was wondering how your guys boots fit compared to your brannock size. I went through the fit sheet size and think I am going a full size smaller than my brannock size does that sound right to you guys??

Caballero81

Reaction score
I went down full size in length.
My width stayed the same.
Nicks boots and White's same size
Ok thanks they send a try on pair that were down a full size in length and down in width and I told them that the length was good but to go up a width.

Mathfish

Reaction score
Just received my Nicks packers back from a rebuild. I changed the width from ee to eee. Right now the boots are loosely tied and, obviously, a little loose. Once tied tight they will probably be glove tight. I would like to post photos but don't know how. Old and not as tech savvy as a 6 year old.

Caballero81

Reaction score
IMG_0168.JPG
I got my new boots about two weeks ago. I have been wearing them as work boots doing warehouse work the first couple days of breaking in sucked but now they feel a lot better.

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

Mathfish

Reaction score
Has anyone looked online to see the new Roberts. I'm thinking of getting a pair. Anyone have any input on their new leathers let me know. Thank you ahead of time

Crit_Obs

Reaction score
Not a lot of Bowhunters (64B) in this thread. Any suggestions on how to size for them, considering the flatter arch? Someone somewhere said ”at keast half a size down from your size in White’s”, which sounds all sorts of counter-intuitive since the flatter the arch, the more length you need, in general.

Is there any sort of source for info regarding the various lasts Nick’s use? I’m assuming there isn’t.

I need to get a new pair of Semi Dress, but Bowhunter is #2 on the list; the Roberts looks good too... So many boots, only 2 feet.

Crit_Obs

Reaction score
Received my Nick's high-arch Manito "oxfords" and snapped a couple of photos in tried and true potatoe-quality; no giggling at my lavender colour (ok, they are lila) Darn Tough socks!

df7a30ae-3900-4636-ad36-635e41acb690.JPG
38f0c0a9-f6a1-446f-9784-4a112252cede.JPG

Initial impressions: the finishing is not bad while not being amazing either, most notably with the left shoe's quabaug heel not sitting flush with the heel stack. The fit is not unlike I sort of kind of expected/knew it would be, considering the aggressive taper and sleek looks; I picked my normal White's size (8.5E) and it feels ok with these thin socks. I tried with heavier socks and the going got a whole lot tighter. I guess this could be optimal, really, considering I intended these for warm-weather use with non-bulky socks... Further, I think 8.5EE might have been too loose around the heel, as this sort of a shoe with heavy rigid soles is anyway fairly susceptible to heel-slip.

Edit: These are built on Nick's 5332 last with #2 toe; they are supposed to fit similarly to boots built on the 55 last, only with the sleeker toe... But how does this combo differ from, say, a Robert with a #2 toe, I couldn't say. It's definitely a more "refined" look compared to the bulkier toe options (hello mr. obvious).

Mathfish

Reaction score
Received my Nick's high-arch Manito "oxfords" and snapped a couple of photos in tried and true potatoe-quality; no giggling at my lavender colour (ok, they are lila) Darn Tough socks!

df7a30ae-3900-4636-ad36-635e41acb690.JPG
38f0c0a9-f6a1-446f-9784-4a112252cede.JPG

Initial impressions: the finishing is not bad while not being amazing either, most notably with the left shoe's quabaug heel not sitting flush with the heel stack. The fit is not unlike I sort of kind of expected/knew it would be, considering the aggressive taper and sleek looks; I picked my normal White's size (8.5E) and it feels ok with these thin socks. I tried with heavier socks and the going got a whole lot tighter. I guess this could be optimal, really, considering I intended these for warm-weather use with non-bulky socks... Further, I think 8.5EE might have been too loose around the heel, as this sort of a shoe with heavy rigid soles is anyway fairly susceptible to heel-slip.

Edit: These are built on Nick's 5332 last with #2 toe; they are supposed to fit similarly to boots built on the 55 last, only with the sleeker toe... But how does this combo differ from, say, a Robert with a #2 toe, I couldn't say. It's definitely a more "refined" look compared to the bulkier toe options (hello mr. obvious).
I am looking at buying a pair of oxford for lighter shoe. All my other footwear is boots. Looking at White's, Nick's or just go with a full causal Allen Edmonds.
If can ask why did you go with the Nick's, were you lookingat amy other shoes?

Crit_Obs

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a pair of oxford for lighter shoe. All my other footwear is boots. Looking at White's, Nick's or just go with a full causal Allen Edmonds.
If can ask why did you go with the Nick's, were you lookingat amy other shoes?

My motivation was to find lighter footwear for the warmer months, that would be quicker to get on and off and be suitable to everyday wear, without appearing too fancy or too casual. I soon noticed that the options were not plentiful, as I really wanted to have the prominent arch-support of Nick’s and White’s: it was between White’s Retro Oxford and this Manito by Nick’s. White’s Retros are not commonly available outside Japan so in the end, I ended up with Nick’s. As of late, White’s have been supplying their eBay channel with seemingly one off lower versions of their boots in C461 and 55 lasts, calling them ”oxfords”, and right now there’s a burgundy lace to toe pair with 1 click raised heels in C461 in my size that really makes me want to do horrible things to my CC.

Stylewise I’m very happy with these. They have the right postman-shoe vibe to them and don’t appear too dainty in the slightest. They also wear really similar to a boot and the arch-ease is exactly as expected. I was a bit surprised by how light they appear/feel but I realize that’s only in relative (to boots) terms.

Mathfish

Reaction score
My motivation was to find lighter footwear for the warmer months, that would be quicker to get on and off and be suitable to everyday wear, without appearing too fancy or too casual. I soon noticed that the options were not plentiful, as I really wanted to have the prominent arch-support of Nick’s and White’s: it was between White’s Retro Oxford and this Manito by Nick’s. White’s Retros are not commonly available outside Japan so in the end, I ended up with Nick’s. As of late, White’s have been supplying their eBay channel with seemingly one off lower versions of their boots in C461 and 55 lasts, calling them ”oxfords”, and right now there’s a burgundy lace to toe pair with 1 click raised heels in C461 in my size that really makes me want to do horrible things to my CC.

Stylewise I’m very happy with these. They have the right postman-shoe vibe to them and don’t appear too dainty in the slightest. They also wear really similar to a boot and the arch-ease is exactly as expected. I was a bit surprised by how light they appear/feel but I realize that’s only in relative (to boots) terms.
Thank you for the detailed reply.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeem1