• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice vintage Hartmann Roll-up TIE CARRIER

Outtastyle

Reaction score
In the process of spending almost countless hours searching for that grouping of just-right ties, spending the money, and coming to appreciate that some may be virtually irreplaceable....it occurred to me that, when traveling, those ties chosen to go on the trip should be CARRIED, literally on-person or, at least, in the briefcase/attache/travel bag... But, in any case, under rather direct control, so they couldn't be lost, stolen, damaged, etc. The thought of even attempting to replace them, or finding a collection of equivalent acceptability and satisfaction, is a bit overwhelming.... I'm sure many here can relate. Those fine, even magnificent, discontinued Hermes', Brionis, Kitons, Charvets, etc. Therefore.....a suitable case, method of carry, became necessary. The very best thing I found was this neat, vintage Hartmann roll-up tie carrier. Leather panels on each end, with an olive-gold nylon body. Full 'Hartmann' logo inside bottom leather end-panel. Compact enough to literally fit in a coat inside pocket. In fine original condition, with just a hint of it's age in the mellowed leather tone and patination of the buckle. No real signs of actual use. Dimensions: - Closed: 9 5/8 x 1.5-2.5" DIA (depending upon whether kept in-round, or 'ovalled'.) Will be a tad more, of course, with a few ties rolled-up inside.... - Open: 9 5/8 x 22 (that, including the leather panels outstretched on each end) Actual containing compartment - 9 5/8 x 17, with flaps closed Two zippered pockets inside. Just a nice, respectful 'ride' for those magnificent ties... Do they deserve any less...?...
smile.gif
Snap system enabling closure of leather ends, while hanging from the clasp at destination. Although I haven't traveled tie-laden, and haven't used it, since acquisition, I'll miss it when I need it....... Soooo....if you MUST, go ahead and purchase it........ ***SOLD***. shipped to the CONUS { I hate these highly-equivocal offerings......... Please let me know if I need to price it higher, to ensure that nobody actually buys it.....}
DSCN6534.jpg
DSCN6535.jpg
DSCN6536.jpg
DSCN6537.jpg
DSCN6538.jpg
DSCN6539.jpg

Outtastyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
Excellent post. I'll give you $750 and one discontinued Hermes.
devil.gif

Contract Law 100.5: A Contract is formed when two elements exist, Offer and Acceptance. {From Wikipedia: Offer and acceptance analysis is a traditional approach in contract law used to determine whether an agreement exists between two parties. An offer is an indication by one person ("offeror") to another ("offeree") of the offeror's willingness to contract on certain terms without further negotiations. A contract is then formed if there is express or implied agreement. A contract is said to come into existence when acceptance of an offer has been communicated to the offeror by the offeree. } Thus, congratulations, even without seeing a photo of the Hermes tie...WE HAVE A CONTRACT...errrr, Deal....!! Paypal is fine, if you have an account......
smile.gif

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In order to be bound by a contract, a person must have the legal ability to form a contract in the first place. This legal ability is called capacity to contract. A person who is unable, due to age or mental impairment, to understand what she is doing when she signs a contract may lack capacity to contract. For example, a person under legal guardianship due to a mental defect completely lacks the capacity to contract. Any contract signed by that person is void. In other situations, a person may not completely lack the capacity to contract. The contract would then be voidable at the option of the party claiming incapacity, if he or she is able to prove the incapacity.

I also think our deal may shock the conscience of the court and would thus be unconscionable.

If I dig a bit I could probably dream up a nice public policy argument
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads