• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@munchausen If you click on the banner it'll give you a subset of products that are eligible for the discount. It appears in the check-out page when you apply the code.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
might be a super-star only code then. there wasn't really that much included anyhow - wait until the next round of discounts by end of march.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I know I just read about people contacting customer service in the US about a similar problem, but I was wondering whether anyone had any experience in Europe?

I just received an order for a jacket and the fit is great. However, there are a couple of blue smudges in a couple of spots. I'd love to get a partial refund to pay for some specialized cleaning. Has anyone in Europe ever requested this? If they aren't willing to offer a discount to have the problem taken care of, I'd just have to return the jacket.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know I just read about people contacting customer service in the US about a similar problem, but I was wondering whether anyone had any experience in Europe?

I just received an order for a jacket and the fit is great. However, there are a couple of blue smudges in a couple of spots. I'd love to get a partial refund to pay for some specialized cleaning. Has anyone in Europe ever requested this? If they aren't willing to offer a discount to have the problem taken care of, I'd just have to return the jacket.

Please do tell us what the reply was.
And good luck.

harlemriver

Reaction score

I have received additional discounts for these types of issues before but I am in USA. I doubt they would treat you any different just because you are in Europe. That's a bit much on their part. They can't treat customers differently.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Please do tell us what the reply was.
And good luck.

I'll definitely post an update on this when I have one.

I have received additional discounts for these types of issues before but I am in USA. I doubt they would treat you any different just because you are in Europe. That's a bit much on their part. They can't treat customers differently.

They really shouldn't, but I don't think I've ever been in a situation where I would ask for such a scenario. If it weren't a discount website, I'd certainly just exchange it for something else. It's good to know that you've been fortunate in the past.

In all honesty, I think it's a fairly reasonable request, though I'm not too sure a customer service representative will see it as such. I can only assume that they will push for me to return it, refund me and resell it as-is only to face the same problem. It would be cheaper in the long run by the time they calculate the return shipping, shipping to a new customer, paying to return the shipping from the new customer, etc.

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not my experience. I live in Europe and e-mail them all the time about wrong sizes or minor defects in items, they always offer extra % off. I don't know why people keep portraying Yoox customer service as better in the US than elsewhere.

Once I e-mailed them about a 1k SLP jacket that had developed some weird mold-like stains, about a year after I had bought it. Returned, full refund.

Another time a pair of pants tore near a seam (a small, repairable rip) after only the second wear, but I had already had them for several months - just hadn't worn them before. Immediately got back to me: 50 per cent refund of price paid.

jazerad

Reaction score

Received the most damaged item I've ever received from yoox, really disappointing.

Same here. The first time I ever bought something fake of off yoox (pal zileri suit) also another suit I ordered came in the wrong size without pants.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always just figured stuff like that must happen pretty frequently given yoox's lax approach to listing inventory. I've definitely received a couple of things that were clearly returns from other people.

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

A quick update on this: I haven't received a response since I sent them an email two days ago. I suppose I should follow-up with a phone call?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads