• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tennessee

Reaction score
I've noticed some things showing back up after a long time. In general, things in my dreambox don't seem to fall in price very often or as much as they used to.
Agreed. The out-the-door price seems to remain the same regardless of the promo.

Sluggies

Reaction score
I have a code from Yoox, does anyone have expirence with selected homme sweaters? Not sure if I should grab a turtleneck from them (90% merino, 10% silk) or just go with the 100% merino turtleneck from Spiar & Mackay.

Anyone have any experience with either?

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it the code for 25% off $800 or whatever? The site keeps telling me I'll get one but I haven't yet?

They have a few offers going on right now but that one seems to be a cashback offer, where you'll get a code for credit at the end of the month, at least that's how I'm reading it

harlemriver

Reaction score
Looks like Yoox’s pre-Black Friday sale started a day early. To buy or not to buy. I wonder if a cyber Monday deal will be better but stock is so darn limited.

And this sale today really just makes the Yoox price the same as the last seen price on Net-a-Porter/Mr. Porter - about 60% off full price - for the stock that carried over from Porter to Yoox.

I have my heart set on this shearling coat. ?

compuccesory

Reaction score
Looks like Yoox’s pre-Black Friday sale started a day early. To buy or not to buy. I wonder if a cyber Monday deal will be better but stock is so darn limited.

And this sale today really just makes the Yoox price the same as the last seen price on Net-a-Porter/Mr. Porter - about 60% off full price - for the stock that carried over from Porter to Yoox.

I have my heart set on this shearling coat. ?

Nice, thanks for the heads up. I do notice that's a thing they do for virtually every sale though - the prices change before the rest of the site announces the sale.

Aftyfbb

Reaction score
Nice, thanks for the heads up. I do notice that's a thing they do for virtually every sale though - the prices change before the rest of the site announces the sale.
You think that's the big pre Black Friday sale? You don't think it will be more discounted?(ie extra 30 off)

compuccesory

Reaction score
You think that's the big pre Black Friday sale? You don't think it will be more discounted?(ie extra 30 off)

In past sales, the marked prices have always moved on the day before if that was the sale, but the in cart discounts would only show up when the site refreshes. I don't think you would generally have both at the same time - i.e. the sale is one or the other, so if the marked prices have moved, it's unlikely that there would be an additional in-cart discount.

I'm just some fat guy on the internet though so who knows what's going to happen tomorrow.

harlemriver

Reaction score
In past sales, the marked prices have always moved on the day before if that was the sale, but the in cart discounts would only show up when the site refreshes. I don't think you would generally have both at the same time - i.e. the sale is one or the other, so if the marked prices have moved, it's unlikely that there would be an additional in-cart discount.

I'm just some fat guy on the internet though so who knows what's going to happen tomorrow.

This is sour grapes, but they really should’ve dropped prices more. I mean you have to hit Black Friday early and steady and hard. There are so many deals and people usually have some budget in mind for total spend for November sales. I would feel more comfortable if they dropped those prices by another 30% so I could order with confidence.

Yoox’s debt load is affecting the steal pricing that I’m accustomed to from them.

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is sour grapes, but they really should’ve dropped prices more. I mean you have to hit Black Friday early and steady and hard. There are so many deals and people usually have some budget in mind for total spend for November sales. I would feel more comfortable if they dropped those prices by another 30% so I could order with confidence.

Yoox’s debt load is affecting the steal pricing that I’m accustomed to from them.

lol

compuccesory

Reaction score

SO the site just refreshed and it looks like the above is what happened. No in-cart discounts, everything that dropped in price yesterday now has a percentage off label.

compuccesory

Reaction score
Got my eye half heartedly on a couple of things:

$195 for a non-final sale Corneliani is OK but it looks like a really weird size - 44L drop 4? Probably an unclaimed MTM piece.

I like PRL's aesthetic and they never discount much on their official site, but almost $200 for a wool blend coat still seems pretty expensive to me.

harlemriver

Reaction score
Got my eye half heartedly on a couple of things:

$195 for a non-final sale Corneliani is OK but it looks like a really weird size - 44L drop 4? Probably an unclaimed MTM piece.

I like PRL's aesthetic and they never discount much on their official site, but almost $200 for a wool blend coat still seems pretty expensive to me.

You can order the Corneliani and return it if you don’t love it! I just love Corneliani - it’s always so beautiful at Bloomingdale’s.

I love a caftan, don’t judge me, and I think I’m pulling the trigger on this one for my next beach trip.

SAINT LAURENT Cape
1604842715579.png

https://www.yoox.com/US/41961876QE/item?dept=women

compuccesory

Reaction score
You can order the Corneliani and return it if you don’t love it! I just love Corneliani - it’s always so beautiful at Bloomingdale’s.

I love a caftan, don’t judge me, and I think I’m pulling the trigger on this one for my next beach trip.

SAINT LAURENT Cape View attachment 1492853
https://www.yoox.com/US/41961876QE/item?dept=women

Yep, absolutely love Corneliani, I grabbed a light grey flannel suit from them a few months ago, also for $190, quality was excellent in all respects and it fits me like bespoke. I'm like 80% sure this one wouldn't fit, but on the off chance that it might or that the model is wearing a different size?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics