• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Thom Browne Suit

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the guy in the upper right corner would be happy to know he can clean anything off the suit with a damp towel.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Not many girls do go for guys with that look. I wouldn't be surprised if those 5 strapping young bucks went home afterwards for a lemon party.

And you've been with what....1 woman and you are in your early 20s?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harry Lean
Can't get passed the short pants. What a foolish look. Can't imagine many girls going for guys with that look.

Say what you will about Thom Browne, but I think more women are into the look than men. The higher the ankle, the more complements I seem to get.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
And you've been with what....1 woman and you are in your early 20s?
Not all of us have to sleep around to bolster our flagging self-esteem, or flash the family $$$ so they can date boys 10 years their junior to make themselves feel like men again.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Do what you like, just was pointing out that it was slightly amusing that someone who has only been with 1 woman would know what women want...

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio
Say what you will about Thom Browne, but I think more women are into the look than men. The higher the ankle, the more complements I seem to get.
What are they saying? Pray tell...

John Ellis

Reaction score
I suppose it's alright if you like wearing Bozo the clown suits. As for the comments about the look attracting chicks, I was in BB about two months ago and the said man was wandering around. The effect on all the women there as far as I could see was eye rolls, nudges and sniggers. The men's reaction was more like a Bateman cartoon.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Do what you like, just was pointing out that it was slightly amusing that someone who has only been with 1 woman would know what women want...

No, you got your panties in a twist and decided to make a completely irrelevant ad hom. Don't try to weasel out of it. I know perfectly well my own life and experience - and anyways, who is a gay guy to be lecturing me on what women want?

I choose to be with one woman for my own reasons, not because I don't understand women or can't get any. You, apparently, can't choose to stop be annoying and smugly entitled, however.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I've been with 8 women.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
What are they saying? Pray tell...

My girlfriend's opinion is that Browne has made menswear fun and playful, while still projecting masculinity. Of course, you don't see that in the most extreme examples--but they're models, right?

Other compliments I've gotten have been much more general, and not specifically about two-inch cuffs, for instance. I think there is an allure to deconstructing conservative attire and making it almost unwearable in its original context. Band of Outsiders (and other labels that take inspiration from Browne) has succeeded in doing the same thing for a younger crowd.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you don't recall specific compliments from random women? No "Nice ankles" or pointing and laughing? Let me give you some examples from an Esquire article The Men in the Tiny Suit: "...And it doesn't help that three young women recently paused in front of me on the street in Venice, California, noticed the three-inch gap between my shoes and my pant cuffs, and burst out laughing." "...I'll never be sure whether one stopped jackhammering so he could laugh at me or whether he was laughing so hard that he had to stop jackhammering,..." "..Sure, I got some eye rolls. Businessmen in boxy suits would occasionally motion and stare, but then again, so would women. And when women see a guy in short pants, they don't exactly assume he's straight,.."

John Ellis

Reaction score
My girlfriend's opinion is that Browne has made menswear fun and playful, while still projecting masculinity. Of course, you don't see that in the most extreme examples--but they're models, right?

Other compliments I've gotten have been much more general, and not specifically about two-inch cuffs, for instance. I think there is an allure to deconstructing conservative attire and making it almost unwearable in its original context. Band of Outsiders (and other labels that take inspiration from Browne) has succeeded in doing the same thing for a younger crowd.

Imagine the photos in ten years time. Remember polyester leisure suits, sideburns, bell bottoms, frilled blue evening shirts, lapels 15" wide!!!!

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Augusto's defense, opting not to sleep with multiple women in no way makes you less of a man or any less knowledgeable to as to the desires of women. Having had a number of women proffer themselves to me and declining.. I wouldn't say I think any of them want a dude with high water pants and I haven't racked up the numbers either.

I tried Black Fleece yesterday and the jacket fit near perfectly - the pants, however, had no room ********** at all. Afterwards, the salesman was like "I didn't want to say this but.. have you seen Thom Browne? He doesn't design clothes for 'us'." I found it pretty humorous. By us, I assumed he meant straight, larger, black men.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Are you an incredibly obese black man or an incredibly black obese man?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neither. I'm incredibly black, definitely overweight, but not obese. Oh, and a man. A manly man. Not your type of man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads