• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New Mini Cooper Countryman

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never seen a 4 door on a mini. Pretty pricey don't you think?

Wiker

Reaction score
Is'nt a mini cooper suppose to be "mini"?

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
Never seen a 4 door on a mini. Pretty pricey don't you think?

The S AWD base is 27k. If you check off every option and package and get the Works body kit then it's 39-40k. That doesn't seem pricey to me. Seems like a cool car.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
The S AWD base is 27k. If you check off every option and package and get the Works body kit then it's 39-40k. That doesn't seem pricey to me. Seems like a cool car.
40k seems like a lot for a Mini, even if it does have every option. I think it is a cool car though.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1

Its a cool car but at $40k I'd get something else.

dave

Reaction score
I have a clubman S right now and I love it. In fact, I was supposed to pass it along to the ol lady this summer and get back into a cadillac but it never happened. The countryman is bigger than i would want in a mini but I dont have kids or anything like that so I have no need for it. If I had kids and the need for something a little larger than th clubman I'd be all over it.

40k is pricey but with all the BMW masturbation around this place, I'm surprised to see the mini being picked on for being expensive. Hell, at least the minis are unique looking! if you try getting into a bimmer with that propeller on it for 40k you're not gonna get far.

GSquared

Reaction score
You can get a new VW GTI fully loaded for just over 30. I'd take that over a mini.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GSquared
You can get a new VW GTI fully loaded for just over 30. I'd take that over a mini.
So would I.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
It's like a Touareg that came out of the Wonkavision.

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GSquared

you would until you drove one. the car has no character.

suzuka

Reaction score
ugly and defeats the purpose of the original 'mini'

gnatty8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not for me, but looks like a cool little car. Most people I know that own minis are absolute fanatics and love them. My sister in law has one a raves about it. They just don't strike me as a very robust car to be freeway driving in though. BMW did a great job with this brand.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.