• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Mini Cooper Countryman

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never seen a 4 door on a mini. Pretty pricey don't you think?

Wiker

Reaction score
Is'nt a mini cooper suppose to be "mini"?

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
Never seen a 4 door on a mini. Pretty pricey don't you think?

The S AWD base is 27k. If you check off every option and package and get the Works body kit then it's 39-40k. That doesn't seem pricey to me. Seems like a cool car.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
The S AWD base is 27k. If you check off every option and package and get the Works body kit then it's 39-40k. That doesn't seem pricey to me. Seems like a cool car.
40k seems like a lot for a Mini, even if it does have every option. I think it is a cool car though.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1

Its a cool car but at $40k I'd get something else.

dave

Reaction score
I have a clubman S right now and I love it. In fact, I was supposed to pass it along to the ol lady this summer and get back into a cadillac but it never happened. The countryman is bigger than i would want in a mini but I dont have kids or anything like that so I have no need for it. If I had kids and the need for something a little larger than th clubman I'd be all over it.

40k is pricey but with all the BMW masturbation around this place, I'm surprised to see the mini being picked on for being expensive. Hell, at least the minis are unique looking! if you try getting into a bimmer with that propeller on it for 40k you're not gonna get far.

GSquared

Reaction score
You can get a new VW GTI fully loaded for just over 30. I'd take that over a mini.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GSquared
You can get a new VW GTI fully loaded for just over 30. I'd take that over a mini.
So would I.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
It's like a Touareg that came out of the Wonkavision.

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GSquared

you would until you drove one. the car has no character.

suzuka

Reaction score
ugly and defeats the purpose of the original 'mini'

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not for me, but looks like a cool little car. Most people I know that own minis are absolute fanatics and love them. My sister in law has one a raves about it. They just don't strike me as a very robust car to be freeway driving in though. BMW did a great job with this brand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads