• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015

JamesNiven

Reaction score
If they're by Loake how can BB sell them for $384 when Loake sells them for $180?

Is Loake a good brand?

Last edited:

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If they're by Loake how can BB sell them for $384 when Loake sells them for $180?

Is Loake a good brand?

The same way Ralph Lauren sells for $525 a shoe made by Alken Edmonds when AE sells it for $385: a combination of the name of the retailer and the fact they sometimes do not reveal the manufacturer of their footwear.

And, to your latter question, I'm afraid I can't help you except to say many here consider it a solid option in that price range

JamesNiven

Reaction score
I haven't heard of Loake making shoes for BB, only C&J, Church's, and AS. Would the quality of the Loake branded shoe be better than the BB shoe?

I also looked at the description of the Loake shoes on the website and they're made in India so I'm not sure if Loake makes the BB shoes.

Last edited:

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was my birthday, today and I am no spring chicken. I was wearing my red Trickers. The young guy in Starbuck's said, 'I really like your red shoes; I think I could carry those off too!' It made my day. What vanity!

[If you live in the US, you have to appreciate that here, in the UK, people don't often make positive comments about what other people are wearing]. Right, back to the shoe shop on Monday.

Last edited:

Sane

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Sane. I'm not from Florida so I can't really help if you aren't willing to shop online.....even if they offer free shipping?

I'm absolutely willing to purchase online if I can get a good recommendation. :) Thank you

Quote:

Looking into them now, thanks!

Question: For the first pair, would you recommend looking at Black, Brown, or does it depend on my wardrobe? I would assume Black, but I'm a style newb.

Last edited:

ajc2162

Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance, but would anybody be able to explain what is meant by "giving reputation". I must have been asleep because it seems to have only appeared recently.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I too was puzzled when I received mails that X or Y had given me "reputation". Now I believe it is just someone pressing the "helpful" or "thumbs-up" button which as been renamed as "reputation".

Let's put it to the test: I have just clicked he thumb-up button on your post. If I have given you "reputation", then you'll know what it is.

Last edited:

ajc2162

Reaction score
I too was puzzled when I received mails that X or Y had given me "reputation". Now I believe it is just someone pressing the "helpful" or "thumbs-up" button which as been renamed as "reputation".

Let's put it to the test: I have just clicked he thumb-up button on your post. If I have given you "reputation", then you'll know what it is.

Thanks you very much Bengal Stripe. You were right and I have just received an email from you informing me you'd "given me reputation". I feel much better now that you've clarified things.
I figured it was some sort of compliment but I didn't know whether I was expected to respond / acknowledge it in some way.

Sort of like the awkwardness created by failing to shake an outstretched hand.

Thanks again - and what a great idea this thread is.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I haven't heard of Loake making shoes for BB, only C&J, Church's, and AS. Would the quality of the Loake branded shoe be better than the BB shoe?

I also looked at the description of the Loake shoes on the website and they're made in India so I'm not sure if Loake makes the BB shoes.

Loake absolutely makes their better shoes in England and yes, they also make shoes for BB. I can't speak from personal experience to the build quality of the model that you posted, but in general I've been satisfied with the quality:price ratio of my Loakes.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks you very much Bengal Stripe. You were right and I have just received an email from you informing me you'd "given me reputation". I feel much better now that you've clarified things.
I figured it was some sort of compliment but I didn't know whether I was expected to respond / acknowledge it in some way.

Sort of like the awkwardness created by failing to shake an outstretched hand.

Thanks again - and what a great idea this thread is.

"Reputation" or "thumbs" as most people call it, is just a quick way to say you like what someone posted...picture and/or comment. You can always edit your notification preferences in your account settings. Thanks for the feedback on the thread.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Check this out: http://www.styleforum.net/t/24109/hof-labels-heels-and-nail-patterns-secrets-to-id-the-maker/1350

It looks like they settled on Loake. Here is some good info on Loake:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/360292/my-visit-to-loake

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looking into them now, thanks!

Question: For the first pair, would you recommend looking at Black, Brown, or does it depend on my wardrobe? I would assume Black, but I'm a style newb.

What's your budget, Sane?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads