• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need your help with a Tom Ford (TF) Cream/White Tuxedo

samhenderson

Reaction score
Evening Guys,

I've seen this really nice TF tuxedo that im thinking of getting for NYE this year. The jacket has a button on the right, with the hole on the left, as all men's jackets button up. However, the only picture i can find of it is a girl wearing it on a red carpet? (Please see attached picture)

The size is labelled as EUR44 (UK/US34) which is how a man's jacket is sized, right?

Can you guys clear up which gender this tuxedo jacket is for?

Look forward to hearing your answers.

Thanks

~S

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it's anything like the more androgynous haut couture, they often did a sizing for women as well. Dior Homme made what was known in the day as Petit Taille with a black label which was effectively incredibly exclusive menswear for women.

To me, this looks like it might be exactly that, what with the black label and particularly in the 44 size...copying the tradition taken up by Hedi Slimane at Dior. As far as I'm aware I've never seen a TF suit in anything below a 46.

Last edited:

samhenderson

Reaction score
The seller say's they bought it off yoox.com, in the men's section. Would yoox get something like that wrong or is it just a small men's size? I've seen someone else selling a EUR44 (UK34) tuxedo jacket on ebay so i know they do exist.

thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads