• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need you to recommend a cellphone with this..

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Ok first and foremost I want something slick and classy (you know me..)

I want a full QWERTY keyboard. Preferably a larger version that is slide down but a blackberry can suffice.

Also maybe a camera IF it is high res enough to take pictures that are at least "facebook" quolity.

wi-fi would also be pretty nice, maybe a screen big enough to read forums etc.

I don't really care about bluetooth, mp3 player compatibility, GPS, streaming video, large HD, etc.

I want something cheap but at the same something that looks stylish.

So I don't want to pay for all the extra features I don't need (excluding QWERTY/camera (optional)/Wifi(optional)) but I don't mind paying a price for the phone that is worth it.

I also live in Canada, thanks.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
try nokia n97. Pretty sure you can get anything at Pacific mall (if you're in GTA). If not, I'm sure there is a mall to accomodate.

5MP camera, 32 GB of internal storage. Touchscreen and QWERTY. It's 3g (however I do not know about North American 3G..was reading about something saying they would not have it here) I'm sure you could find out more about that if you looked into it, however

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Haha wow I like it A LOT..Looks like something that would be 600-700$ though. I'll look it into it once it's out, thanks.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Blackberry Curve and it absolutely kicks ass. By far the best purchase i ever made in my life.... from a technology standpoint anyway

It does not slide down or whatever.... but really, i believe it is pretty close to being a perfect cell phone

i got mine for 99 dollars so it was not crazy expensive

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few of the blackberrys now have Wifi calling. If you're in another country and can hop on a wifi spot, you can make calls on your plan and send texts for free.

I think T-mobile is coming up with a new version of the 8800, the 8900 next month....dunno who their similar carrier is in Canada.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices...errycurve8900/

pridecake

Reaction score
i would get a bold. You can get it decently priced off rogers, or just buy it unlocked. It fills all your basic requirements and is a pretty slick looking device as well. Had the X1 for like a week or so, WM is crippling unless you mod it like crazy. Nokias are fugly..IMO.

jkw

Reaction score
Typing from my iPhone right now while waiting for breakfast. Did you mean physical keyboard or touch? This thing is pretty simple after a couple days use. Cameras not quite up to par (my only disappointment), but overall simple, fun and sexy phone

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
using a e71 nokia here, the camera is only 3.2mp, but thats probably the only minus for me.. And with my tendency to demolish every phone i get within 10 months its pretty sturdy too
smile.gif

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just switched from the iphone to the Bold, and like it much better. The iphone lacks a lot of basic features and the warranty sucks, and the fact you can't insure was another deciding factor for me. Mine broke after 4 months, home button stopped working, and they didn't even attempt to fix it, he just wanted to charge me 199 for a new one. I switched to a Blackberry the same day. A 90 day warranty on a phone that you can't insure is a joke.

singhstyle

Reaction score
The n97 isnt cheap at all. I would personally go with the LG Voyager. Good battery life and the phone is made of Titanium so it is durable and pretty stylish looking. I have the Dare and it is better than most of the touch-screens on the market. I am happy with it even though I have this unbearable itch to get the white iphone.

ArtisticShowcase

Reaction score
HTC Touch Diamond or the BlackBerry Bold

There are both kind of expensive but for the feature set, it is definitely well worth it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joo Carter