• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and Famous (denim Bar)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
They're very stiff, so not that easy to measure. If you do the BIG method and pull the waist out to full width, I wouldn't be surprised if you got the same measurement I did. I also wouldn't be surprised if they were a bit inconsistent in sizing (I think the BIG site says as much).

yep I pulled it out end to end, keeping the front and back tops of waistband even...my size 31 measured a few cunthairs larger than 31 but less than 32. Def nowhere near 33. And yea they are REALLY stiff, like cardboard. I did a cold soak and after it was dry I was afraid the legs would break off.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just copped the skinny guy in silk denim this morning. dropped them off at my tailor, and i should have fit pics on thursday or so.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
just copped the skinny guy in silk denim this morning. dropped them off at my tailor, and i should have fit pics on thursday or so.

Were they TTS? I bought some in my true waist. Should have them Friday.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yup. bought a 30. wear a 30 in kmw, nudies, april 77, hell most jeans.

Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Were they TTS? I bought some in my true waist. Should have them Friday.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a few stores in LA that stock these, so you guys can always go and try them on. I've seen them at American Rag and Barney's NY (and I'd imagine they'd be at coop).

uNotAzFreshAzImIz

Reaction score
When they make the big slub with BLACK THREADS all around I shall buyee ..

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the weird guys arrived today. the color and fit are awesome, except for the waist. i got 32 and they are much looser in the waist than any other 32 i've had, raw or prewashed; looser than my broken-in average joe 32s. i think i should have gone -1. the length is spot on.

JOA

Reaction score
I just sent the Slim Guy Big Slub Indigo's back to DB today. The fit was okay and the denim was nice, but I just prefer a button fly + I didn't like how streaky they are. But, N&F seem to be a really good option for the money.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the sizing must be all over the place. I got the silk skinnyguys TTS and they're a perfect fit. They're pretty awesome, I'll post pics after I pick them up from my tailor tomorrow.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, mine are perfect everywhere but the flappy waist. they're about where i'd like them to be at maximum stretch-out. weird.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
yeah, mine are perfect everywhere but the flappy waist. they're about where i'd like them to be at maximum stretch-out. weird.

Well it's not like the waist is going to stretch any more if it's already loose as ****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads