• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new F430

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Congrats on your new ride, how long were you on the list? Or is two years more or less still te standard?

I myself am partial to the Ferrari 575/550 Marranello. Probably the last modern ferrari I have been attractedto. Otherwise I love the 250, 275, 246 Dino, and the 330.

However IfI could only have one its be the 275

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Congrats on your new ride, how long were you on the list? Or is two years more or less still te standard?

I myself am partial to the Ferrari 575/550 Marranello. Probably the last modern ferrari I have been attractedto. Otherwise I love the 250, 275, 246 Dino, and the 330.

275 GTB4:

74-ferrari_275_gtb.jpg

Jon.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are the only cars that should be red. Very nice. Congrats.

CaptChaos

Reaction score
That is one sexy car and it is in the colour all Ferrari's should be in. It deserves to be driven hard and not be a garage queen. Enjoy!

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man beautiful! My favorite car... Now you need to come to CT and give me a ride in it
biggrin.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
wow great car. Now you can get into the best restaurants without a reservation....and if yer single the line of 'tang is gonna be like the re-opening of Space Mountain. Dont drive *too* fast...
tongue.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Those are the only cars that should be red. Very nice. Congrats.

I agree!

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by briancl
Does Ferrari know have some special kind of run-flat? If not, I'm shocked they offer them, especially on the F430. Or is this some sort of maneuver that is done to get around having a spare.. and owners simply replace the tires with non-runflats after purchase?

That is an amazing car. My girlfriend's Dad is picking up his Ferrari soon, although its a MY1970, not 2006
smile.gif

Yeah, the run-flat is Goodyear Eagle F1, and it's a factory option. My dealer swears by them because they can really save the rim from getting destroyed in the event of a flat. And I actually know someone who uses the same dealer, forced him to get the option, and subsequently got a flat and saved his wheel with the option. I was against it, but I guess it's kind of insurance against costly wheel damage.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Yeah, the run-flat is Goodyear Eagle F1, and it's a factory option. My dealer swears by them because they can really save the rim from getting destroyed in the event of a flat. And I actually know someone who uses the same dealer, forced him to get the option, and subsequently got a flat and saved his wheel with the option. I was against it, but I guess it's kind of insurance against costly wheel damage.

When they put run flats do they (the factory) change the suspension settings to coordinate with the different ride properties of the run flats? One of the major problems BMW had with the run flats was that when they implemented them, the suspension was still designed to work with traditional tires, and the ride suffered because of it.

If I recall correctly the only BMW which actually rides well on run flats is the E90 3-Series, since they purposely adjusted the suspension to run on them. I can see where you are coming from regarding wheel damage however.

Jon.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5

I was getting one of the first, an '05, but they did a "factory upgrade" on the car - added bluetooth, navigation, ceramic brakes, and other stuff I didn't want. At least that's the story I was told, though I suppose it is just as likely that it was just a story because a better customer came along and hopped in front - who knows? In any event, I was in no rush, so I said, what the hell, let's just reorder, then I can get an '06 anyway. So we reordered, etc., and it finally came in at the end of June.

As you probably know, there is no real "list." The dealer sells to whoever he wants, and if you are a Ferrari VIP, you get in front of everyone else. I think 2-3 years is probably standard, though I'm sure there are some people who are on the "list" who will never get cars. Buying a used car from the dealer in the meantime will probably really help your chances. It's a pretty ridiculous game that they play, but there it is. Ferrari is the only company that can play it, so why not.

For the Enzo replacement, they are going to be even more selective about who they sell to. Ferrari looks at a bunch of different things such as: Does the client participate in the Challenge series? What is the oldest Ferrari in their collection? Did the client ever flip cars without going through their Ferrari dealer? How many 8 cylinder car have they purchased new? How many 12 cylinder cars have they purchased new? Do they participate in shows such as Cavallino, Pebble Beach, etc, etc? What other exotic supercars do they have in their collection? What other Ferrari supercars do they have? It's crazy...

Originally Posted by imageWIS
275 GTB4:

74-ferrari_275_gtb.jpg

Jon.

Jon, that's not a GTB/4 - you can tell by the lack of a bulge in the hood.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
When they put run flats do they (the factory) change the suspension settings to coordinate with the different ride properties of the run flats? One of the major problems BMW had with the run flats was that when they implemented them, the suspension was still designed to work with traditional tires, and the ride suffered because of it.

If I recall correctly the only BMW which actually rides well on run flats is the E90 3-Series, since they purposely adjusted the suspension to run on them. I can see where you are coming from regarding wheel damage however.

Jon.

Honestly, I have no clue.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am curious; how was the dealer experience? I assume you are a first time Ferrari owner, I would assume that coloured rather differently how the dealer dealt with you, no?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads