My new F430

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by zjpj83, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Congrats on your new ride, how long were you on the list? Or is two years more or less still te standard?

I myself am partial to the Ferrari 575/550 Marranello. Probably the last modern ferrari I have been attractedto. Otherwise I love the 250, 275, 246 Dino, and the 330.

However IfI could only have one its be the 275

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Congrats on your new ride, how long were you on the list? Or is two years more or less still te standard?

I myself am partial to the Ferrari 575/550 Marranello. Probably the last modern ferrari I have been attractedto. Otherwise I love the 250, 275, 246 Dino, and the 330.

275 GTB4:

[​IMG]

Jon.

3. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

wow, very nice zipj83!

-Jeff

4. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Those are the only cars that should be red. Very nice. Congrats.

5. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Awesome car. Congratulations!

6. CaptChaos

CaptChaos Senior member

That is one sexy car and it is in the colour all Ferrari's should be in. It deserves to be driven hard and not be a garage queen. Enjoy!

7. visionology

visionology Senior member

Oh man beautiful! My favorite car... Now you need to come to CT and give me a ride in it [​IMG]

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

wow great car. Now you can get into the best restaurants without a reservation....and if yer single the line of 'tang is gonna be like the re-opening of Space Mountain. Dont drive *too* fast...[​IMG]

9. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Those are the only cars that should be red. Very nice. Congrats.

I agree!

10. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Does Ferrari know have some special kind of run-flat? If not, I'm shocked they offer them, especially on the F430. Or is this some sort of maneuver that is done to get around having a spare.. and owners simply replace the tires with non-runflats after purchase?

That is an amazing car. My girlfriend's Dad is picking up his Ferrari soon, although its a MY1970, not 2006 [​IMG]

Yeah, the run-flat is Goodyear Eagle F1, and it's a factory option. My dealer swears by them because they can really save the rim from getting destroyed in the event of a flat. And I actually know someone who uses the same dealer, forced him to get the option, and subsequently got a flat and saved his wheel with the option. I was against it, but I guess it's kind of insurance against costly wheel damage.

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Yeah, the run-flat is Goodyear Eagle F1, and it's a factory option. My dealer swears by them because they can really save the rim from getting destroyed in the event of a flat. And I actually know someone who uses the same dealer, forced him to get the option, and subsequently got a flat and saved his wheel with the option. I was against it, but I guess it's kind of insurance against costly wheel damage.

When they put run flats do they (the factory) change the suspension settings to coordinate with the different ride properties of the run flats? One of the major problems BMW had with the run flats was that when they implemented them, the suspension was still designed to work with traditional tires, and the ride suffered because of it.

If I recall correctly the only BMW which actually rides well on run flats is the E90 3-Series, since they purposely adjusted the suspension to run on them. I can see where you are coming from regarding wheel damage however.

Jon.

12. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I was getting one of the first, an '05, but they did a "factory upgrade" on the car - added bluetooth, navigation, ceramic brakes, and other stuff I didn't want. At least that's the story I was told, though I suppose it is just as likely that it was just a story because a better customer came along and hopped in front - who knows? In any event, I was in no rush, so I said, what the hell, let's just reorder, then I can get an '06 anyway. So we reordered, etc., and it finally came in at the end of June.

As you probably know, there is no real "list." The dealer sells to whoever he wants, and if you are a Ferrari VIP, you get in front of everyone else. I think 2-3 years is probably standard, though I'm sure there are some people who are on the "list" who will never get cars. Buying a used car from the dealer in the meantime will probably really help your chances. It's a pretty ridiculous game that they play, but there it is. Ferrari is the only company that can play it, so why not.

For the Enzo replacement, they are going to be even more selective about who they sell to. Ferrari looks at a bunch of different things such as: Does the client participate in the Challenge series? What is the oldest Ferrari in their collection? Did the client ever flip cars without going through their Ferrari dealer? How many 8 cylinder car have they purchased new? How many 12 cylinder cars have they purchased new? Do they participate in shows such as Cavallino, Pebble Beach, etc, etc? What other exotic supercars do they have in their collection? What other Ferrari supercars do they have? It's crazy...

275 GTB4:

[​IMG]

Jon.

Jon, that's not a GTB/4 - you can tell by the lack of a bulge in the hood.

13. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

When they put run flats do they (the factory) change the suspension settings to coordinate with the different ride properties of the run flats? One of the major problems BMW had with the run flats was that when they implemented them, the suspension was still designed to work with traditional tires, and the ride suffered because of it.

If I recall correctly the only BMW which actually rides well on run flats is the E90 3-Series, since they purposely adjusted the suspension to run on them. I can see where you are coming from regarding wheel damage however.

Jon.

Honestly, I have no clue.

14. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Jon, that's not a GTB/4 - you can tell by the lack of a bulge in the hood.

You're right...it's only a "ňúregular' GTB. Maybe I just like saying / writing: GTB/4? [​IMG]

Jon.

15. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I am curious; how was the dealer experience? I assume you are a first time Ferrari owner, I would assume that coloured rather differently how the dealer dealt with you, no?