• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new diet

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
By the way, here is my progress after two months of dieting (and 20 lbs lost):

comparbmpov5.jpg

Which is before and which is after?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Which is before and which is after?

One on the left is before and one on the right is after. I should do one of my back, difference is much more noticable.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My goal right now is two-fold: lose weight (fat) while increasing muscular endurance as much as possible. Eventually, I might start going to more conditioning classes at my gym and change the weights to more of a strength routine.

As for the cheat days, well, they basically keep me sane and allow me to stick to my diet, so that's a good thing. Also, I don't worry about overdoing it on cheat days, I just eat whatever I want and as much of it as I want. To be honest, lately, my cheat days haven't even been that crazy because I don't crave unhealthy food as much anymore. It's mostly sweets (cookies, muffins, cakes, etc.) that I crave. I also like to have a few beers on my cheat days.

I'm going to give this new diet 2 weeks to see what it does. If it doesn't work, I'll probably just go back to my old diet (which was working well enough).

As for my clothes, well, it's just another excuse to buy more new clothes.
wink.gif

if what you were doing was working, I wouldn't change it. If you're bored, eat maintenance (at your new weight) for a few weeks then, jump back into it.

I think it's better (psychologically) to think of it as a refeed, than a cheat. Refeed = P+lots of C+some fat. Cheat = three cheescakes.

Assuming the MT WOs are not killing you, I would add in some heavy strength work a couple of times per week.

Look at the guy called Johan off of http://www.leangains.com/. He seems to have made the same change as you're hoping for.

230 lbs to 190 lbs.

Good luck,

lefty

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One on the left is before and one on the right is after. I should do one of my back, difference is much more noticable.

Here's a comparison shot of my back, which I think shows the fat loss more (notice how I have rolls in my back in the first picture that are now gone):

backcomparefi0.jpg

Phyziks

Reaction score
I can notice a large change in the fat storage in your stomach in the front picture. Your sides look the same, but if you look closely you will notice a significant change in your gut. I went from 160 to 140 recently (I'm 5'9") and I'm very happy with my results thus far. I have a pretty strict diet, and do lots of cardio and plyometric exercises. I don't lift much weights though mainly because I work 2 jobs and don't have time for the gym, but I plan on starting soon! Congrats and keep it up!

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Odor,

it's going to take a while before that lower back fat goes, if at all.

Here's a shot of a guy at various BF percentages.

backdbx3tk4.jpg

Even at 7% or so, there's still lower back fat.

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Sorry to be so blunt, but it's like seeing Roseanne Barr in a bikini.

That's cold and unnecessary.

I give him credit for posting those shots.

lefty

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Sorry to be so blunt, but it's like seeing Roseanne Barr in a bikini.

Sorry I couldn't deliver more man-sexiness for you - you could always just look up gay Appreciation if that's what you're looking for.

Originally Posted by lefty
That's cold and unnecessary.

I give him credit for posting those shots.

lefty

It's no sweat man, I'm sure if this guy ran into me in real life he wouldn't have so much courage.

Originally Posted by Phyziks
I can notice a large change in the fat storage in your stomach in the front picture. Your sides look the same, but if you look closely you will notice a significant change in your gut. I went from 160 to 140 recently (I'm 5'9") and I'm very happy with my results thus far. I have a pretty strict diet, and do lots of cardio and plyometric exercises. I don't lift much weights though mainly because I work 2 jobs and don't have time for the gym, but I plan on starting soon! Congrats and keep it up!

Thanks man.

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good job on losing the weight, odoreater. One question I had about your routine was having your cheat day the same day as your Saturday MT workout. I'm wondering if you feel much difference between your Saturday fights and the ones during the week. Or is the workout first thing in the morning?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't deliver more man-sexiness for you - you could always just look up gay Appreciation if that's what you're looking for.

Nope, not what I'm looking for. Not looking for those pictures of you either, though.

fat_woman_in_bikinis.jpg

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep up the good work!

Why - It seems you have a lack of self-esteem. Try to better yourself rather than being an internet badass to make yourself feel cool.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Nope, not what I'm looking for. Not looking for those pictures of you either, though.

I don't recall ever asking you to participate in my thread. If you don't want to look at the pictures, it's very easy, all you have to do is not click on my threads.

Originally Posted by TheIdler
Good job on losing the weight, odoreater. One question I had about your routine was having your cheat day the same day as your Saturday MT workout. I'm wondering if you feel much difference between your Saturday fights and the ones during the week. Or is the workout first thing in the morning?

Yeah, my Saturday MT workout is first thing in the morning, at 10:00 a.m. Normally I will eat a bowl of Kashi cereal at about 8:45, and then head to the gym at 10:00. Afterwords I bust out the pizza and buffalo wings.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by RedLantern
Keep up the good work!

Thanks brother.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads