• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Korean Bespoke Suit(pictures of details added)

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I think ventless gives a cleaner shape. I believe it takes a lot of work to make it fit correctly though, so for OTR single or double vents allows more body shapes to fit whereas ventless pretty much has to be tailored to fit properly. As someone of the same stature of the OP, I actually generally sew down all my SC/suit vents and find it much cleaner. of course double vents are much more comfortable when sitting and putting hands in pockets.

Interesting stuff, thanks for posting. I'd never heard of anyone doing that. Cool.

krawlx

Reaction score
OP....mind letting me know the tailor you used? I looked though this thread but didn't see it. I am thinking of getting something bespoke in the near future, and would like to check this place out. The work looks fantastic.

ho1joon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
Did you request the width of the breast pocket or is that their own standard width? Width is more Italian like,

One thing drives me crazy, Koreans make the pocket pipes on the bias. your jacket and trouser pockets have bias pipes.

Wow, you really have a hawk eye
worship.gif
bias but not considering matching pattern within making the pocket especially besom on the hip pockets is one problem of this and usual Korean suit.

and, yes, I requested the width of the breast pocket(both jacket and vest). though Vanni is connected with Italian shop, their standard width is rather slimmer. Try to make it more italian, I choose wider pocket width.

Originally Posted by JG000
Is it the same tailor that made this blazer::

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=182696 ??

Yes, the same tailor.

Originally Posted by GBR
What is the detail inside the coat, quality of lining and how many pockets - do the pockets have buttons etc. Maybe do a photograph of it would be easiest.

I'll upload the photo of the inside later.

Originally Posted by hermes man
is it possible to get one that fits like that off the rack?

No, they only make bespoke.

Originally Posted by ctp120
but do you have an established relationship with the tailor, or is this among your earliest commissions?

I have a 3 year established relationship with my tailor.

Originally Posted by krawlx
OP....mind letting me know the tailor you used? I looked though this thread but didn't see it. I am thinking of getting something bespoke in the near future, and would like to check this place out. The work looks fantastic.

Sartoria Vanni, Seoul
smile.gif
two stores in Myeong-dong and Gangnam.

krawlx

Reaction score
Thanks! I will be giving those shops a look as I work near Gangnam and live near Myeong-dong.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wonderful workmanship ho1joon. Beautifully done. I am envious. 'Yobo Saiyo' from Canada!
smile.gif
Details on the shoes also please?

madhatter349

Reaction score
Unbelievable looking suit, by any chance do you know if they do MTM. How much would a typical suit or blazer cost in USD?

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
ho1joon;4345001 said:
bias but not considering matching pattern within making the pocket especially besom on the hip pockets is one problem of this and usual Korean suit.

and, yes, I requested the width of the breast pocket(both jacket and vest). though Vanni is connected with Italian shop, their standard width is rather slimmer. Try to make it more italian, I choose wider pocket width.

You also have a good eye for details.

I don't care for the pipes to match, would prefer solid color and no stripe showing.

ALFAMALE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony Romo
I'm actually pleasantly surprised. Looks better than other bespoke ones we see on the site. I would have preferred a lower button stance, especially if you were trying to imitate Tom Ford.

edit- Also, if you were really going for the Tom Ford look, you could have done the larger pockets and a roped shoulder.
smile.gif

+1

duzichong

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
Suit looks great. Proportions are very good. More tasteful than TF who exaggerates proportions and calls it style.
Did you request the width of the breast pocket or is that their own standard width? Width is more Italian like, looks good, nothing negative about it. just unusual to see that from a tailor in Seoul.
Jacket length is good for you, don't change it. You have long arms but the length works.
One thing drives me crazy, Koreans make the pocket pipes on the bias. your jacket and trouser pockets have bias pipes.

as far as I knew, some of korean tailors but not most of could make any thing you showed to them who were full of experience, industrious,careful enough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads