1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by StormRider, Sep 5, 2012.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Very short back balance is creating a short back and color gaping.

2. StormRider

StormRider Senior member

I ordered 2-button cuff, that's why it looks really long.

The left low shoulder seems to introduce a wrinkle on the left lapel area, although I don't know how much that's due to the suit not being pressed. Will find out after I steam it again.

Which part of the back is off?

I noticed less breaking on the sleeves compared to my original suit, but yes, both sleeves are still breaking a bit.

I actually like the suit, it fits my body almost perfectly, not tight or loose, and even as comfortable as a sweater. I don't think I can explain all these faults to Indochino and get another remake that will be significantly better.

I do plan to order more suits from Indochino, so any instructions on how to address these issues in my future orders will be appreciated. I will go for french cuffs next time [​IMG]

3. StormRider

StormRider Senior member

Yes, the remake will go through the In Production -> Shipped status like a new order. You will get a shipping notification and the tracking number will be available on Indochino site after it's shipped.

The site will first show the original pattern size with you edit, and once it's shipped, it will change those to the measurements of the remake.

Yes, Indochino has been slow I think because there is a Chinese holiday Oct 1 - 7, and most people are off work. I'm sure they'll get back to you in due time. BTW, someone else mentioned getting almost immediate response through Twitter, you may wan to twit #indochino to get your questions answered.

Best of luck.

4. StormRider

StormRider Senior member

I don't follow, care to elaborate?

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  5. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

Storm,

How long did the remake process take?

6. StormRider

StormRider Senior member

From the time I filled the Indochino remake form online to the date the remake showed up at my front door about 22 days, comparable to the turn around time of my original order.

It did take me a week to get feedback from my tailor and from SF experts.

7. JoeStyles

JoeStyles Member

Agreed , it's a great fit. Pants look like they fit extremely well.

8. StormRider

StormRider Senior member

This is a photo from the currently on sale Superhero Blazer.

I think my suit jacket's back looks better than this.

[​IMG]

9. StormRider

StormRider Senior member

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  10. guymac12

guymac12 Senior member

Not bad, not bad at all..the fit looks good.

11. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  12. StormRider

StormRider Senior member

Thoughts?

13. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

I think that everyone who's considering placing an order should know about experiences that are as shxtty as mine was...completely unacceptable.
    The shirt's too full, IMO. I'd also add more shape to the body of the jacket. The pants look pretty good though. There's more break than I'd choose, but that's your call to make. Actually, besides the shoulders, everything that I mentioned is more my style than a sign of bad fit.

PS: Why are your shirt cuffs so long?

14. StormRider

StormRider Senior member

VinnyMac, I ordered 2 button cuff, that's why it looks so long.

I took my suit to my tailor to fix the gaping vent problem. She recommend take away 1/2" at the center back seam, and to extend the back by 1/2". After she pinned things down, the gaping vent went away.

I'll pick it up the altered suit on Friday Oct 19, will take a few photos then.

Here are the photos showing what she did.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. tailorgod

tailorgod Senior member

I hope she hasn't done anything yet, since it's not the best alteration to do it in the center back seam. Reason is that she'll cut through the pinstripes, which looks awkward.
    I would have taken the side seams in and, in case the lining is long enough between the vents, let out the hem a bit to increase the length.
    Here's an example of some very good pattern matching.

[​IMG]

The red lines indicate what happens to the pinstripes...

16. StormRider

StormRider Senior member

Tailorgod, thanks for the note.

I talked to my tailor immediately after seeing you note. She told me that she usually does not take in the back center seam, but since she thinks the problem was the back was too wide, but not the side, she still recommends taking in the fabric at the back seam. I asked her multiple times whether this will change the direction of the pinstripes in the back, and she assured me it would be barely noticeable.

I'll just have to wait her out to see the result. Would love to have your feedback after I post the After pictures.

Thanks.

17. tailorgod

tailorgod Senior member

So, how did it turn out?

18. StormRider

StormRider Senior member

Just got it back yesterday. Still sticking out a little in the back. Will take some pictures tonight to show you. The pinstripes are a bit slanted if one looks close enough.

19. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

She should have opened the side seams and moved the back up 1/2" to lengthen it, taken a bit in on both sides. That would have made the back lay closer to the body and given a nice shape to the back. The collar would fit better too.
    That she said it isn't noticeable says it will be off but nobody will see it.
    Females tailors I have seen don't know men's tailoring techniques for sewing or fitting. Sure there are exceptions.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  20. tailorgod

tailorgod Senior member

That's what I would have suggested, too. I've done that a couple of times, a heck a lot of work. Not what a normal alteration tailor would want to do. Plus it requires a higher understanding of garment construction.
    And I doubt that there are enough inlays in the hem and lining to correct the back's length.