• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake?

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score

It's a nice video, but the suits that they produce usually don't look nearly as nice. I went to the Traveling Tailor, in Chicago, and the suit that they sent me didn't fit at all. They have you try on a trail suit during the measurements and the put adjustments into your order notes. The suit that they sent to me fit EXACTLY like the trial suit. The pants waist was about 6in too big. The pants were too long. The jacket body was too full. The neck of the shirt was about 2 inches too big. They paid someone to take my measurements, but they couldn't get simple waist measurements correct? It was ridiculous.

Damn man, 113 of your 114 posts are you retelling the same story over and over again lol.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
not awful....
what is the story with the cuffs on the shirt.
they are way to long.

the suit jacket has issues.
but your work friends would never notice,
but since we are picking it apart.

your left low shoulder caused some issues up by the notch of the lapel
the back of the suits is off.

and the sleeve on your left is still breaking because they could not rotate the sleeve.

you must have some posture issues that are not showing up in photos.
or else indochino's patterns are not well blanced.

JoeStyles

Reaction score
Much better than the first. Looks great! Some wrinkles on the upper arms which I assume is due to keeping your arm very straight for photos.

JoeStyles

Reaction score
Stormrider,
Quick question about the remake process....

Were you able to track your remake in the same way you can track your original order on you account page? Indochino has not been non-responsive and I don't know what's going on with my order now.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Very short back balance is creating a short back and color gaping.

StormRider

Reaction score
not awful....
what is the story with the cuffs on the shirt.
they are way to long.
the suit jacket has issues.
but your work friends would never notice,
but since we are picking it apart.
your left low shoulder caused some issues up by the notch of the lapel
the back of the suits is off.
and the sleeve on your left is still breaking because they could not rotate the sleeve.
you must have some posture issues that are not showing up in photos.
or else indochino's patterns are not well blanced.
I ordered 2-button cuff, that's why it looks really long.

The left low shoulder seems to introduce a wrinkle on the left lapel area, although I don't know how much that's due to the suit not being pressed. Will find out after I steam it again.

Which part of the back is off?

I noticed less breaking on the sleeves compared to my original suit, but yes, both sleeves are still breaking a bit.

I actually like the suit, it fits my body almost perfectly, not tight or loose, and even as comfortable as a sweater. I don't think I can explain all these faults to Indochino and get another remake that will be significantly better.

I do plan to order more suits from Indochino, so any instructions on how to address these issues in my future orders will be appreciated. I will go for french cuffs next time
smile.gif

StormRider

Reaction score
Stormrider,
Quick question about the remake process....

Were you able to track your remake in the same way you can track your original order on you account page? Indochino has not been non-responsive and I don't know what's going on with my order now.
Yes, the remake will go through the In Production -> Shipped status like a new order. You will get a shipping notification and the tracking number will be available on Indochino site after it's shipped.

The site will first show the original pattern size with you edit, and once it's shipped, it will change those to the measurements of the remake.

Yes, Indochino has been slow I think because there is a Chinese holiday Oct 1 - 7, and most people are off work. I'm sure they'll get back to you in due time. BTW, someone else mentioned getting almost immediate response through Twitter, you may wan to twit #indochino to get your questions answered.

Best of luck.

StormRider

Reaction score
Storm,

How long did the remake process take?
From the time I filled the Indochino remake form online to the date the remake showed up at my front door about 22 days, comparable to the turn around time of my original order.

It did take me a week to get feedback from my tailor and from SF experts.

JoeStyles

Reaction score
Agreed , it's a great fit. Pants look like they fit extremely well.

StormRider

Reaction score
This is a photo from the currently on sale Superhero Blazer.

I think my suit jacket's back looks better than this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads