Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mustard

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by HitMan009, Jul 31, 2006.

1. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

I have just come back from Paris and brought some mustard from the Maille shop. I never really liked mustard because of the neon yellow mustard I was exposed to as a child. They had 3 mustards prepared fresh and ordered from the tap. I want to know is what mustards and what brands each of you like.

2. oldmoney

oldmoney Member

I really like the Maille Dijon mustard with horseradish. Very tasty. I remember the first time I was in the Maille shop in Place Madeline. I bought about ten jars. Then, after carrying them back in my carry-on, I found them at my local Winn-Dixie. If you like a little tang, give the Horseradish dijon a try.

3. Stax

Stax Senior member

L'Epicerie Champagne Mustard!

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I love mustard. It's really underappreciated as a condiment IMO. I like the neon yellow kind sometimes actually, and Maille, horseradish, dijon wine type, Eli's Amish hot mustard, I can't be more specific because I don't really pay attention to the names and I like them all in different contexts. Grainy spicy mustard with a sausage and kraut... mmm...

5. Humbucker

Humbucker Member

I like the mustard from Philippe in Los Angeles. Spicy.

6. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters OG Affiliate Vendor

Mustard seems to be a mans condiment and that is why I choose to sell it in our menswear store. We carry a British brand by Ridleys. We have Dograpper which is a strong English Mustard, Fuggle which is flavored with Old Bob Bitter and Arcy Varcy which is a Horseradish Mustard with Essex Light Ale. These sell very well and add a interesting touch to our offering.

Gary

7. alflauren

alflauren Senior member

Mustard is great, so great in fact, that I've actually stopped at the Mustard Museum in little Mount Horeb, Wisconsin. An interesting experience, but an even more interesting store. Their online shop has a lot of great stuff: http://www.mustardmuseum.com

8. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

I brought one of their fresh mustard on tap at the Maille shop, Chablis wine dijon mustard. There is just something about ham and with this mustard. It's a marriage made in heaven. The other flavors on tap was white wine dijon mustard and chardonnay grain mustard.

9. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

[​IMG]

The Deli Mustard with horseradish, Wasabi Mustard, the Spicy Brown mustard, and the Dijon with white wine are also excellent.

10. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

[​IMG]

The Deli Mustard with horseradish, Wasabi Mustard, the Spicy Brown mustard, and the Dijon with white wine are also excellent.

Where can I get some Beaver?

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Where can I get some Beaver?
    In the middle of the river, Oregon State University, from some trappers, or maybe here.

12. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

In the middle of the river,
    Oregon State University,
    from some trappers,

or maybe here.

Cool. Thanks. I suppose, though, that some regulation prevents me from having some of this shipped to Japan.

Btw, Roppongi would also have been an acceptable answer.

13. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

mmm... mustard.

my first dining experience in beverly hills was when i was unemployed and broke. i had to take my uncle to the doctor and wait for him until he finished, so i went downstairs to a restaurant for lunch and ordered the cheapest thing on the menu - a ham sandwich for $12.

they brought me 3 tiny pieces of bread, the tiny slices of ham, and 3 dabs of mustard, all different. they were the 3 most disgusting mustards i've ever had, and i've had many kinds. it was almost like they were bad on purpose (like kim chi).

14. EL72

EL72 Senior member

"Pardon me, but do you have any [​IMG] ?"

15. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Cool. Thanks. I suppose, though, that some regulation prevents me from having some of this shipped to Japan. Btw, Roppongi would also have been an acceptable answer.
    The site specifies that they ship outside the US. If you REALLY want some, I'll send some to you. I wouldn't know. The girls in Roppongi don't pay any attention to me, I'm not white enough. [​IMG]