• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mustard

HitMan009

Reaction score
I have just come back from Paris and brought some mustard from the Maille shop. I never really liked mustard because of the neon yellow mustard I was exposed to as a child. They had 3 mustards prepared fresh and ordered from the tap. I want to know is what mustards and what brands each of you like.

oldmoney

Reaction score
I really like the Maille Dijon mustard with horseradish. Very tasty. I remember the first time I was in the Maille shop in Place Madeline. I bought about ten jars. Then, after carrying them back in my carry-on, I found them at my local Winn-Dixie. If you like a little tang, give the Horseradish dijon a try.

Stax

Reaction score
L'Epicerie Champagne Mustard!

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I love mustard. It's really underappreciated as a condiment IMO. I like the neon yellow kind sometimes actually, and Maille, horseradish, dijon wine type, Eli's Amish hot mustard, I can't be more specific because I don't really pay attention to the names and I like them all in different contexts. Grainy spicy mustard with a sausage and kraut... mmm...

Humbucker

Reaction score
I like the mustard from Philippe in Los Angeles. Spicy.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mustard seems to be a mans condiment and that is why I choose to sell it in our menswear store. We carry a British brand by Ridleys. We have Dograpper which is a strong English Mustard, Fuggle which is flavored with Old Bob Bitter and Arcy Varcy which is a Horseradish Mustard with Essex Light Ale. These sell very well and add a interesting touch to our offering.

Gary

alflauren

Reaction score
Mustard is great, so great in fact, that I've actually stopped at the Mustard Museum in little Mount Horeb, Wisconsin. An interesting experience, but an even more interesting store. Their online shop has a lot of great stuff: http://www.mustardmuseum.com

HitMan009

Reaction score
I brought one of their fresh mustard on tap at the Maille shop, Chablis wine dijon mustard. There is just something about ham and with this mustard. It's a marriage made in heaven. The other flavors on tap was white wine dijon mustard and chardonnay grain mustard.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
farawayfoods_1905_52438895

The Deli Mustard with horseradish, Wasabi Mustard, the Spicy Brown mustard, and the Dijon with white wine are also excellent.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Where can I get some Beaver?
In the middle of the river, Oregon State University, from some trappers, or maybe here.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mmm... mustard.

my first dining experience in beverly hills was when i was unemployed and broke. i had to take my uncle to the doctor and wait for him until he finished, so i went downstairs to a restaurant for lunch and ordered the cheapest thing on the menu - a ham sandwich for $12.

they brought me 3 tiny pieces of bread, the tiny slices of ham, and 3 dabs of mustard, all different. they were the 3 most disgusting mustards i've ever had, and i've had many kinds. it was almost like they were bad on purpose (like kim chi).

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Pardon me, but do you have any
gpne1.jpg
?"

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Cool. Thanks. I suppose, though, that some regulation prevents me from having some of this shipped to Japan. Btw, Roppongi would also have been an acceptable answer.
The site specifies that they ship outside the US. If you REALLY want some, I'll send some to you. I wouldn't know. The girls in Roppongi don't pay any attention to me, I'm not white enough.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads