• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fantastic marketing, horrible shoes.

nachobarro

Reaction score
Good evening, anyone here owns the penny loafers in brown grain?

I’ve seen the pictures on this thread showing the horrible creases on the calf leather models, but I was wondering of the grain leather would be less prone to those horrible creases since the leather should be softer…

thanks in advance,

Nacho

alkydrinker

Reaction score
Good evening, anyone here owns the penny loafers in brown grain?

I’ve seen the pictures on this thread showing the horrible creases on the calf leather models, but I was wondering of the grain leather would be less prone to those horrible creases since the leather should be softer…

thanks in advance,

Nacho

Yeah, so I bought a pair of limited edition burgundy grain penny loafers before buying the smooth burgundy pair that I posted here a few days ago. (I had a slip in fall in them while they were barely worn that massively damaged the right shoe, but I liked the fit so much I bought the smooth burgundy pair).

Here's some pics of the burgundy grain with maybe 6 wears on them. Leather still feels very cheap IMO. The creases might not look quite as terrible as they do with the smooth shinier leathers, but still bad (this grain pair also has fewer wears on it than the smooth pair that looks worse). I really hate the permanent creases along the side walls where the shoe flexes... no decent leather should do that, especially not after just a few wears.

Not sure if the brown grain will have the same issue, but you can see that the burgundy color has worn off at the crease areas, further implying it's a cheap leather with a cheap surface coating.

The overall build feels just kinda cheap too... the leather soles look kinda nice at first but somehow feel unsubstantial.

If you really like the look of Morjas loafers, I think suede is the best bet and won't crease up. It's commonly said that cheap suede looks a lot less bad than cheap calf leather (regardless of brand).

I still contend that it is a terrific last, the shape & proportions are very attractive and the shoe has a wonderful fit. If Morjas would stop with the cost-cutting and do a total revamp on materials, get some better leathers, upgrade the soles, and they'd have a total winner.

Attachments

• IMG_8691.jpg
    IMG_8691.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8690.jpg
    IMG_8690.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_8689.jpg
    IMG_8689.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:

nachobarro

Reaction score
Yeah, so I bought a pair of limited edition burgundy grain penny loafers before buying the smooth burgundy pair that I posted here a few days ago. (I had a slip in fall in them while they were barely worn that massively damaged the right shoe, but I liked the fit so much I bought the smooth burgundy pair).

Here's some pics of the burgundy grain with maybe 6 wears on them. Leather still feels very cheap IMO. The creases might not look quite as terrible as they do with the smooth shinier leathers, but still bad (this grain pair also has fewer wears on it than the smooth pair that looks worse). I really hate the permanent creases along the side walls where the shoe flexes... no decent leather should do that, especially not after just a few wears.

Not sure if the brown grain will have the same issue, but you can see that the burgundy color has worn off at the crease areas, further implying it's a cheap leather with a cheap surface coating.

The overall build feels just kinda cheap too... the leather soles look kinda nice at first but somehow feel unsubstantial.

If you really like the look of Morjas loafers, I think suede is the best bet and won't crease up. It's commonly said that cheap suede looks a lot less bad than cheap calf leather (regardless of brand).

I still contend that it is a terrific last, the shape & proportions are very attractive and the shoe has a wonderful fit. If Morjas would stop with the cost-cutting and do a total revamp on materials, get some better leathers, upgrade the soles, and they'd have a total winner.
Thanks for your reply.

They don’t look that bad compared to the calf leather, but still think that leather doesn’t look like 300€ shoes.

I asume the brown grain colourway could hide a little more those creases, but still, I don’t know if I’m comfortable getting these loafers.

It’s a shame because I really like the overall shape of the loafers and also, they are made in Spain, where I’m from.

Any alternatives to these for roughly the same money? I want a casual loafer in brown grain leather.

alkydrinker

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

They don’t look that bad compared to the calf leather, but still think that leather doesn’t look like 300€ shoes.

I asume the brown grain colourway could hide a little more those creases, but still, I don’t know if I’m comfortable getting these loafers.

It’s a shame because I really like the overall shape of the loafers and also, they are made in Spain, where I’m from.

Any alternatives to these for roughly the same money? I want a casual loafer in brown grain leather.

Another newer brand with a range of decent looking loafers around this price is Velasca (italy based).

There's Meermin.

There's a brand called Vinny's

Not sure if any of those brands do a grain loafer...Allen Edmonds has done several grain penny loafers in the past, you could check eBay

flowen

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

FWIW, I've been wearing a pair of brown pebble grain Blackstock & Weber penny loafers for nearly two years and they have held up very nicely.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads