• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Atheists don't need to know that stuff. It's just regressive superstition. I mean, you aren't interested in understanding the Flying Spaghetti Monster, right? Besides, you're an atheist when it comes to Odin, you know? You're an atheist when it comes to Buddha, why not takeitsalsdfjasjfn;asljtoesgaojnfsfgblarblarblarblarblar

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That was a joke, btw.

So today I decided that a pocket square really did make this look significantly better. I think it adds some contrast and life to a look that would have been good otherwise, but better with the addition of the square.

IMG_8084.jpg
IMG_8092.jpg

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Something like that. Religious fundamentalists and anti-theists are pretty much the same person, to me. If hell were at least a rhetorically real place then I could easily imagine Christopher Hitchens and Jerry Falwell each being punished by being locked in a room with one another.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like those simple, well thought out looks, MWS. I wish I could get full-ish fit pics so I can see what it all looks like together.

Grazie.

Yeah, I suppose I could start looking for another way to take the pictures so it is all in one shot. :dozingoff:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This outfit feels pretty trad to me. The navy cardigan seems slightly at odds with the warmer colors. I went with a very matchy green pocket square which picks up the jacket more than the tie. I usually try to coordinate my tie and square. I didn’t want to track mud in the house so I changed out of my boots.

Someone reached out to me on eBay and said they want to buy this jacket from me. I’ll most likely decline.

731D56C9-D7F9-4D19-B0D8-562BEA57B5E3.jpeg

6D8383E9-1B0C-43BB-89B3-BE0F849F38AC.jpeg

A873245C-570B-4CC4-BAB8-1D93FADFC3E2.jpeg

82CF7E40-D3D6-4780-A79B-6AB0995BA0D6.jpeg

Last edited:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two (unoriginal) comments.

> Love the pinned collar, Artigas. Second CM's comments about the shade of shoes and shirt. Especially the shoes.

> At the risk of sounding fawning, sycophantic or inappropriate, I think that AcuteStyle’s combos are the cat’s pajamas. IMO, one of the best and most internally consistent dressers on SF.
Thank you for the kind words.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Overall not a bad look, but the problem I have with it is that the tie and the square seem to be competing to bring out different parts of the jacket. That makes it a little more chaotic than it needs to be. If it were me, which it isn't, I would have emphasized only one color in the jacket and then gone with a plain white square, or none at all. The cardigan is okay.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overall not a bad look, but the problem I have with it is that the tie and the square seem to be competing to bring out different parts of the jacket. That makes it a little more chaotic than it needs to be. If it were me, which it isn't, I would have emphasized only one color in the jacket and then gone with a plain white square, or none at all. The cardigan is okay.
I can see that. My gut told me to go with a navy or burgundy square, but I thought it would be too matchy given the tie and cardigan. I had a paisley square with a cream base with burgundy, green and yellow tones. I thought it too much with the patterned jacket and tie. I thought white would be too formal. I was going to go squareless and then thought the green might be rebellious enough to work, but wasn’t sold on it.

JJ Katz

Reaction score
That. If in doubt, a white *linen* square almost always works and is not very formal, due to the rougher texture.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads