• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artigas

Reaction score
First outing for this Luxire shirt (new) and this jacket (new to me). Definitely one of my luckier eBay purchases. The promised snow was nowhere to be found.

DFCF9895-A15F-400E-9FD6-6E07100BBB31.jpeg

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very Ivy and very nice. I'm not convinced by that shade of... blue? Even less so if it's purple. And I'd have gone with darker shoes but that's a nice example of the Ivy natural shoulder and a loose, easy silhouette. Love the club collar and collar bar, too. Keep the traditions alive!

pasadena man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice to see the collar bar in a totally non Gordon Gekko ensemble. Don't really understand why these have gone so totally out of style. It can do a lot for both the collar and helping the tie to pop under the right circumstances.

Artigas

Reaction score
Very Ivy and very nice. I'm not convinced by that shade of... blue? Even less so if it's purple. And I'd have gone with darker shoes but that's a nice example of the Ivy natural shoulder and a loose, easy silhouette. Love the club collar and collar bar, too. Keep the traditions alive!

It’s blue but it’s definitely a bit darker than I had hoped. It’s kind of hard to tell sometimes on the computer screen when placing an order.

Glad you guys liked the pinned club collar. I have wanted to try one since I saw an American CIA bigwig wear one in “A Perfect Spy” (a John le Carré miniseries adaptation) when I was a teenager.

Artigas

Reaction score

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I pierced it. Seemed a bit less fussy that way.
How durable is it? Are the holes large, did they cause tears? What is the shirt material?

I've always wanted to try it, albeit with a solid gold pin and white shirt. I suspect my collars are too stiff, though, and would get damaged.

Artigas

Reaction score
How durable is it? Are the holes large, did they cause tears? What is the shirt material?

I've always wanted to try it, albeit with a solid gold pin and white shirt. I suspect my collars are too stiff, though, and would get damaged.

I knew I wanted to wear it with a pin, so I ordered the collar unlined. The holes are visible if I remove the pin, but disappear between washes (based on my experiences with this and other shirts). The pins don’t cause tears; they just move through the weave of the fabric.

Over time I suspect there will be some damage to the collar, but since I will probably always wear this one pinned, it shouldn’t be too visible. I have never had a dedicated collar for pinning before, though, so as long as the pin never goes through at exactly the same point, maybe there won’t be damage.

JJ Katz

Reaction score
Two (unoriginal) comments.

> Love the pinned collar, Artigas. Second CM's comments about the shade of shoes and shirt. Especially the shoes.

> At the risk of sounding fawning, sycophantic or inappropriate, I think that AcuteStyle’s combos are the cat’s pajamas. IMO, one of the best and most internally consistent dressers on SF.

JJ Katz

Reaction score
I mean that it hews to a uniform, harmonious aesthetic with no glaring contradictions.

Or, to put it differently, he's 'always in character'.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get you now. It's true that you absolutely know when you see an AAS fit.

I entitled this "That face you make when someone younger than fifty tells you they're a post-structuralist." But this is how I did the gray tweed jacket thing. Total coincidence that this was on deck after Artigas' picture, but timely.

pssl.jpg

Artigas

Reaction score
That tie is killer. And gray tweed plus khaki is always a winner in my book.

Are you often accused of post-structuralism?

JJ Katz

Reaction score
Structuralism and Post-Struct. in a way are interesting and worth knowing about, if only because they play a role in the evolution of 'western' culture, in the same way that even an atheist really should know / understand Ambrose and Pelagius.

Having said that, if anyone really cannot be bothered, it's perhaps enough to know that S/PS cannot even agree on who is or isn't one and how or whether they differ...

In my day PS were sometimes called 'deconstructivists'.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads