• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artigas

Reaction score
Really digging the horizontal tan seersucker ^

The day started out cool and damp, but later it warmed up and I removed my jacket.

D41F4CBC-3820-4290-AED7-E7E5E96F3CE6.jpeg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Artigas

Reaction score
I would fight you in an ally for that jacket. Details on it.

Brooks 346 line. I bought it on Ebay so I don’t have the year of manufacture, unfortunately.

Last time I had an altercation in an alley it ended with me being robbed at gunpoint. If you can promise a fair fight, I’ll be your huckleberry. :fence:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks 346 line. I bought it on Ebay so I don’t have the year of manufacture, unfortunately.

Last time I had an altercation in an alley it ended with me being robbed at gunpoint. If you can promise a fair fight, I’ll be your huckleberry. :fence:

JK. I’m a lover not a fighter. Wear in good health.

Be cool, babies.

These are the Hertling seersucker trousers back in action. Spier and Mackay polo shirt with the awesome BD collar.

View attachment 994882 View attachment 994881

Good lewk. I hope one of those tattoos is the B.B. Golden Fleece.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here is something to take your mind off of bad tattoos. I'm doing my part to challenge the hegemony of Italian tailoring. :)

Everything here is from American origin companies (Jacket is Brooks, shirt and pants are Land's End, tie and PS are The Tie Bar, shoes are Allen Edmonds, socks are Ralph Lauren). I do not believe any of this looks too dated and would probably serve any aspiring dandy very well.

ggop1.jpg
ggop2.jpg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Madras, fried chicken, and ties from Eljo's in Richmond VA are all Southern Trad, is this Southern Trad x 3?

P1110901.jpg

Don't know why the Thirsty Lion in Scottsdale Fashion Square uses a knife rather than a toothpick to hold sandwiches together. Maybe it's an Arizona thing.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How would you all put a Southern Trad spin on a tuxedo? I'm going to a black tie wedding at the Greenbrier over Labor Day weekend and in my mind the event, setting and date warrant more than my usual black tie rig.

My current rig consists of a peak lapel, dual vent jacket, black bow tie, cummerbund, white square, MOP cufflinks, black cap toe oxfords.

I'm thinking a seersucker bow tie and cummerbund but I'm open to suggestions. These are R. Hanauer.

3395_CB_1024x1024.jpg

3393_CB_1024x1024.jpg

3392_CB_1024x1024.jpg

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Colorful or non standard ties and cummerbunds are a pretty common thing for adventurous people in the South. That’s certainly the obvious choice but you could also try a colorful dinner jacket in a plaid or something. Another trad option is wearing a pink OCBD with black tie. That’s a rarity but it has been seen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads