• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Beatiful SC. I did not notice the herringbone until clicking on the image. Very nice. Wool, linen, or a mix?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mind the flood zones. :eek:

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beatiful SC. I did not notice the herringbone until clicking on the image. Very nice. Wool, linen, or a mix?

I agree. Very nice SC. Looks like a B.B. that I have.

I made it to my first morning in Houston. I’m off to house hunt all day. Still no time to check out the retail scene. Hopefully I’ll spy some good fishing spots, though.

Thanks! It is BB, and it's a wool/silk/linen blend if I recall correctly. I'll have to double check when I get home.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. Very nice SC. Looks like a B.B. that I have.

I made it to my first morning in Houston. I’m off to house hunt all day. Still no time to check out the retail scene. Hopefully I’ll spy some good fishing spots, though.

In the city:
•Tom Bass regional park (south side of the Beltway, just east of 288)
•Sheldon Lake (north east side of the Beltway, just north of 90)
•Lake Houston (north east side of the Beltway, just north of Lake Sheldon- nice facilities and parking/boat ramps at Alexander Deussen Park)
•Bane Park (pocket park in Jersey Village, I’ve caught a few largemouth bass there)

Further north (in order of distance):
•Lake Woodlands (day trip)
•Lake Conroe (maybe a day trip, probably a weekend trip)
•Lake Livingston (weekend trip)

The bayous:
•The nickname “Bayou City” is very well deserved. They’re all fishable, but I wouldn’t ever eat anything out of there. One guy did catch a massive catfish out of Buffalo Bayou near downtown a while back (maybe NSFW for some language):

Also, there are kayak tours of the bayous, especially inside 610 (if you’re into that)

Saltwater:
The Galleria is about an hour from Galveston (56 miles, straight shot down 45), but you start hitting salt water about 30-45 mins in. Freeport and Kemah are also pretty close

I kind of like fishing lol

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ahaha, excellent. I have to stop myself from going out to the lakes in the daytime when I have my house visits scheduled. I'll probably check out some of those spots you mentioned in a couple weeks if I can. I have to go and get a new rig before I do, though. Any recommendations on rods and bait for the fish around here?

I'm a novice, btw. If that makes a difference.

Last edited:

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahaha, excellent. I have to stop myself from going out to the lakes in the daytime when I have my house visits scheduled. I'll probably check out some of those spots you mentioned in a couple weeks if I can. I have to go and get a new rig before I do, though. Any recommendations on poles and bait for the fish around here?

I only have three rods- a Daiwa Samurai 6’6” medium spinning combo, an Abu Garcia BlackMax 6’6” medium baitcaster, and a DragonTail Shadowfire tenkara (not anything expensive or high end, but they work well). I have a variety of lures/hooks and try to match the lure to the water, but for whatever reason, I seem to have the most success with Texas-rigged Zoom Mag II’s in pumpkin chartreuse on the spinning reel. The Academy Sports and Outdoors on Southwest Fwy (59 and Kirby) has a pretty great fishing section, would be worth checking out.

Also, if you’re into fly fishing, Bayou City Angler is on Westheimer inside 610- they have a ton of equipment and do charter fly fishing trips. Orvis is also on Westheimer (West of 610, past the mall), and they’ll do on site lessons.

Edit- I’m also definitely a novice. I didn’t really fish growing up (my dad thought it was boring), but my father in law loves it, so I’ve gotten more into it in the past few years. I’m not sure how new you are to it, but I would definitely start off with a spinning reel if you’re pretty new to it. Baitcasters can be incredibly accurate, but they can be a royal PITA until you get your technique down

Last edited:

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll check it out. I have to get up to speed on the good spots around here before I invite my father in law and the other guys down.

Tom Bass Park would probably be the first place I’d check out- a friend of mine and I will go down there fairly often and have been pretty successful. It’s a pretty decently sized pond, but you can work your way around the entire thing in less than a day (I think it’s just over a mile in circumference). Very nice park around it too- this was from the last time I went out:
230BA5A0-5AAB-49DC-8D0B-A21750B685BC.jpeg
DC67A58F-DA45-43C8-B741-DAA1DA793998.jpeg
9F9D45A1-239F-4352-A047-92F7B38D6F4C.jpeg
1E12EB0C-D8FF-45F2-ADA9-A8D95D9867CD.jpeg
F9F172AF-920A-4952-B1F0-4DC200F959AE.jpeg
25059271-B4A5-488D-AA74-223509B6837E.jpeg
61B430B2-1070-4A64-AF36-F805CADBE9E3.jpeg

Edit: also, be sure to get a license

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a very brief moment to check out a consignment store called Men’s Resale by the Village in Houston. Prices were high but the selection of classic menswear in tasteful styles was larger than expected. There were, of course, some brightly colored trousers and a few colors of seersucker available.

I came away with a sport coat in a PoW check in a nice brown and blue by some maker called Lucho Houston. The cloth is nice but it’s clearly at least partially fused. It fit so well that I couldn’t help get it as a beater. I also snagged this PRL tie handmade in Italy.

506A25C2-4D7A-43A7-AAA0-6D93AA726ADB.jpeg
B5B84ED0-AFBB-405C-8D6F-C72269CC9E99.jpeg

Btw, it’s effing hot.

Last edited:

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the "Allen-Edmonds Appreciation" thread, for @Caustic Man, who likes meet-up pictures, the Cave Creek AZ Styleforum "Allen-Edmonds Appreciation Thread" lunch meet up at Cafe Bink in Carefree AZ.

The other two local members, who live way down south near Tempe (around 40 miles south) couldn't come, so we had lunch near where we live rather than in a more central location, like Scottsdale. Next Meet Up will probably be in Scottsdale (near one of the two Allen-Edmonds stores in Scottsdale).

It was over 100F here today and hotter than that down in Scottsdale.

225EA26C-D746-43B7-B556-79479AD79713.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads