• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Momotaro 0701
bought it at Momotaro store, Tokyo
nice bag

No fit pic?

Xoco

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here and this is my first post
smile.gif

I live in france. Sorry for my english.....

I'm very interested by a momotaro. But I don't know how model to choose.

I have a weird guy from naked and famous in size 31. I love this form. I'd like find this form in momotaro model (0201, 0701, G014 or G017).

Help me to find a good shape for my momotaro.

Andurew Choi

Reaction score
I'm expecting to get a pair soon, and i'm super excited! Im going to get the tight leg- tapered fit style. I'm not sure how heavy i want to go, either the 12 or 14.7 probably. Although the cobalt blue denim seems really interesting. I'm wearing size 31 petit new standards right now, and theyre so restricting. I'm probably going to get a size 34.

Has anyone tried the hanpu chino from japan blue?
'

Brenner

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was looking at the Hanpu chino as well, it looks really nice. I had the slim tepered model fom Japan Blue and the quality is great, not as good as Momotaro though

tgun84

Reaction score
I m planning to hot soak my 6mth momotaro with a little soap to get rid of slight smell. The smell is not bad or strong, a slight musk. The thing is i feel grossed wearing unwashed denim in hot tropical country. Plus the dust and dirt accumulated. (it is pretty nasty and polluted environment in Indonesia)

The whisker and honeycomb are visible so i am afraid my hot soak will ruin the possibility of great fade in the future.

Also this is dark indigo jeans that I wear to work daily. I am afraid hot soaking will turn the color to light blue which is less formal for office uses.

Should i proceed with the wash? This is my first time owning raw denim. Some tips would be appreciated

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I m planning to hot soak my 6mth momotaro with a little soap to get rid of slight smell. The smell is not bad or strong, a slight musk. The thing is i feel grossed wearing unwashed denim in hot tropical country. Plus the dust and dirt accumulated. (it is pretty nasty and polluted environment in Indonesia)

The whisker and honeycomb are visible so i am afraid my hot soak will ruin the possibility of great fade in the future.

Also this is dark indigo jeans that I wear to work daily. I am afraid hot soaking will turn the color to light blue which is less formal for office uses.

Should i proceed with the wash? This is my first time owning raw denim. Some tips would be appreciated

You won't lose much color just don't agitate aggressively. If you can use woolite black . If they are unsanforized I hope you sized for the shrink

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I recommend sizing down one size for the 0201. I take the 0701 in 36, but the 0201 in 34.

Never size down on Momo__ sanforized or partially sanforized. Denim has residual shrinkage beyond 4th wash ... Unless u don't plan to wash at all.

From experience, 701= SU1 :: 702= SU2 :: 201/202= TTS

While I agree with IIIrd for most of the info he's providing here, I can say that the 0201 can be sized down one. It depends a bit on your build. But they again. I can go TTS on a pair of 0701's, which I do not recommend.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
n2z5h5.jpg

ws02n6.jpg

21nl4rr.jpg

2zqbrys.jpg

tgun84

Reaction score
I need some advice for my second raw denim purchase.

My normal waist size is 33/34 from regular brands: levis, banana rep. Earlier this year, I tried several raw denim: Samurai, Momotaro etc. I found it impossible to button up Samurai size 36. So I ended up purchasing Momotaro size 36. It has been 8 months of wear, and I found my momotaro has stretched up a lot in waist size.

Should I purchase another momotaro in size 36? or force myself to suffer the initial attempt to button up size 34?

FYI, it was excruciating experience of wearing size 36 in the first few weeks. So my guess wearing size 34 would be a lot worse what my experience with 36

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need some advice for my second raw denim purchase.

My normal waist size is 33/34 from regular brands: levis, banana rep. Earlier this year, I tried several raw denim: Samurai, Momotaro etc. I found it impossible to button up Samurai size 36. So I ended up purchasing Momotaro size 36. It has been 8 months of wear, and I found my momotaro has stretched up a lot in waist size.

Should I purchase another momotaro in size 36? or force myself to suffer the initial attempt to button up size 34?

FYI, it was excruciating experience of wearing size 36 in the first few weeks. So my guess wearing size 34 would be a lot worse what my experience with 36
All denim will expand with wear, and shrink back up some when washed, Jeans should fit reasonably comfortably from day 1. If you can't button them up easily, you need to size up, it's that simple.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads