• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

slappy

Reaction score
The color looks nice, in fact the jeans in general look nice. But I just can't get behind the whole 'I made this by hand' thing. Don't get me wrong, I like jeans, and would pay 400 or so dollars for a pair of nice jeans. But I can't see the appeal in handmade, handloomed jeans. A nice handmade jacket or suit looks different, the fact that it's handmade gives it character and is apparent. These jeans look like their other varieties of jeans, of course I haven't seen them in person so I can't say for sure.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
my replacement 0701s are now on there way! i just thought you all should know
smile.gif

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
my replacement 0701s are now on there way! i just thought you all should know
smile.gif

So are my G007's ;-)

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, will do. Hope to receive them next week.

satchelbmoore

Reaction score
xpost from the context thread:
Originally Posted by Klemins
Has anyone picked up the Context x Momotaro jeans? They look great, just looking to see what anyone who's tried them on/owns them thinks.
got them two weeks ago. love them great. weight/fit for winter. bought them truish to size. 2 weeks of everyday wear and there's minimal stretching as they said. i'm already seeing some great fading which surprised me. joey's were looking dope when i was at the shop picking up some gitman vintage so i had to snag some myself. i bet they'd sell more pairs if they posted a few pictures of his.... here are two from last week during my trip to greece. they look great with seavees chuckas from context and fred perry shell and filson field bag from www.blkblu.com more picture of the fades soon. so far, i'd definitely recommend these.
150039_469108038398_500728398_5567139_4473441_n.jpg
156634_469112368398_500728398_5567202_7743870_n.jpg

altemp

Reaction score
Such a great colour on those. Just got some 0701s and I've never seen darker indigo denim.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by altemp
Such a great colour on those. Just got some 0701s and I've never seen darker indigo denim.

So true... Sometimes I stare at them, thinking they are black. They are very resistant considering giving off indigo too, though I didn't wash yet. But no sign of real fading going on... Yet.

rick

Reaction score
hey guys sorry to do this i tried to look through the thread, so here is my question.

thinking about buying momotaro grand indigo 0701 from context. need help with sizing. i measured my best fitting jeans waist 39 rise 12 thigh 14 i do not wear jeans often only on the weekends so takes me a long time to break them in. so should i get a size 40 i don't like tight jeans but don't want baggy and as i said if there tight it will take me forever to break them in. thanks for the help.

satchelbmoore

Reaction score
rick, it looks like a 40 would be your best bet. my pair are breaking in awesomely even after two weeks (of every day wear, 7ish weekends). they are a slim fit with a lower rise so they will be tightish up top but if they match the measurements of your favorite digs, go for it! great, great, great jeans.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by satchelbmoore
rick, it looks like a 40 would be your best bet. my pair are breaking in awesomely even after two weeks (of every day wear, 7ish weekends). they are a slim fit with a lower rise so they will be tightish up top but if they match the measurements of your favorite digs, go for it! great, great, great jeans.

thanks

madmadigan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
hey guys sorry to do this i tried to look through the thread, so here is my question.

thinking about buying momotaro grand indigo 0701 from context. need help with sizing. i measured my best fitting jeans waist 39 rise 12 thigh 14 i do not wear jeans often only on the weekends so takes me a long time to break them in. so should i get a size 40 i don't like tight jeans but don't want baggy and as i said if there tight it will take me forever to break them in. thanks for the help.

Yeah, def get the 40... The 38 will be too small for you.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got the word that my Copper Label G007's have reached Finland. So they should arrive in a couple of days I guess... Can't wait!

Islander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick

You should try a size 38 0201 if the Grand Indigos don't work out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads