• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MLB 2009 - 2010 Season Thread

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strasburg was un...fricking...real. I'm a pretty big hype hater so I went to tonights game with a good deal of skepticism but man, I have never in my life been so impressed by a delivery under that much pressure. Kid was machine-cool the whole time. And never before had I seen that stadium and this city so energized. A few of the radio guys were predicting that tonight would be the night DC turns into a baseball city and I think they're right. Strasburg was the kind of thing we needed cause Zimmerman, while awesome, wasn't enough. I'm so psyched.

Ughhhh the worst part is that my dad's in a season tickets pool for the Nats, and as part of the deal we have a selection of a few games where we can sit right behind home plate, and we months ago we chose TOMORROW night
ffffuuuu.gif
trying to hit Stras' debut. Oh well. Sitting upper deck tonight was cool enough for me.

The Nationals also just picked up Bryce Harper. That's a whole nother hypefest.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by horndog
Strasburg was un...fricking...real. I'm a pretty big hype hater so I went to tonights game with a good deal of skepticism but man, I have never in my life been so impressed by a delivery under that much pressure. Kid was machine-cool the whole time. And never before had I seen that stadium and this city so energized. A few of the radio guys were predicting that tonight would be the night DC turns into a baseball city and I think they're right. Strasburg was the kind of thing we needed cause Zimmerman, while awesome, wasn't enough. I'm so psyched.

Ughhhh the worst part is that my dad's in a season tickets pool for the Nats, and as part of the deal we have a selection of a few games where we can sit right behind home plate, and we months ago we chose TOMORROW night
ffffuuuu.gif
trying to hit Stras' debut. Oh well. Sitting upper deck tonight was cool enough for me.

The Nationals also just picked up Bryce Harper. That's a whole nother hypefest.

I think hitters are much more hit-or-miss (no pun intended) than incredible pitchers.

But congrats on Strasburg. Even as a Mets fan I am excited to see him in the division.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
93mph sinker 91mph change up
eh.gif
yeah he should be good since even his 4 seam fastball (97mph-101mph) has weird tailing movement on it and pounds the K-zone consistently. his two seamer might actually kill someone if its sails up and in accidentally.
Originally Posted by horndog
Strasburg was un...fricking...real. I'm a pretty big hype hater so I went to tonights game with a good deal of skepticism but man, I have never in my life been so impressed by a delivery under that much pressure. Kid was machine-cool the whole time. And never before had I seen that stadium and this city so energized. A few of the radio guys were predicting that tonight would be the night DC turns into a baseball city and I think they're right. Strasburg was the kind of thing we needed cause Zimmerman, while awesome, wasn't enough. I'm so psyched. Ughhhh the worst part is that my dad's in a season tickets pool for the Nats, and as part of the deal we have a selection of a few games where we can sit right behind home plate, and we months ago we chose TOMORROW night
ffffuuuu.gif
trying to hit Stras' debut. Oh well. Sitting upper deck tonight was cool enough for me. The Nationals also just picked up Bryce Harper. That's a whole nother hypefest.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Cliff Lee to the Yankees: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/M...ew-York-Yankee Just a rumor so far.
he's perfect for yankee stadium. with that huge left field his righty fly balls will just die out there. but i kinda get the "only good for 2-3 year" period vibe of lee. its like he may just drop off and suck again.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got some baseball questions:

1. Will Jamie Moyer win 300 games? Current total 265

2. Will Vlad G. hit 500 home runs? Current total 421

3 Will Chipper Jones get 3000 hits? Current total 2447

4. Will Omar Vizquel get 300 hits? Current total 2726

5. Will I-Rod get 3000 hits? Current total 2761

6. Will Andruw Jones get 500 home runs? Current total 398

7. Will Carlos Delgado get 500 home runs? Current total 473

Thanks

kwiteaboy

Reaction score

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
I've got some baseball questions: 1. Will Jamie Moyer win 300 games? Current total 265 2. Will Vlad G. hit 500 home runs? Current total 421 3 Will Chipper Jones get 3000 hits? Current total 2447 4. Will Omar Vizquel get 300 hits? Current total 2726 5. Will I-Rod get 3000 hits? Current total 2761 6. Will Andruw Jones get 500 home runs? Current total 398 7. Will Carlos Delgado get 500 home runs? Current total 473 Thanks
No. He might pitch til hes 50, but hes still mediocre at best. No, but will be close. No. Too old, not even close. No. Yes. The dude is a straight up tank. No... see him play recently? Depends on the surgery.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
No. He might pitch til hes 50, but hes still mediocre at best.
No, but will be close.
No. Too old, not even close.
No.
Yes. The dude is a straight up tank.
No... see him play recently?
Depends on the surgery.

I agree with all except I-Rod. He is too old.

Also, why is the NL lagging again in interleague?

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jimenez just smoked the top of the lineup of the sawx...

this is going to be a pitching clinic...
eh.gif

i had a chance to watch this series but switched up to the san fran series with the sawx because well i figured the sawx would get smoked by jimenez.

if he pitches this well in the high altitude his breaking ball stuff must have even more movement on sea level.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
I agree with all except I-Rod. He is too old.

Also, why is the NL lagging again in interleague?

He's healthy again and still pretty productive, both at the plate and behind it. I think he's got another 2 years in him.

AL's been the dominant league most of the this decade (a good 7 out of 10 years I think).

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
Rangers got Cliff Lee
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Unexpected! I would have rather had the Yankees' offer (never thought they would include Montero, especially when they don't need Cliff Lee), but Smoak might be the better overall player. I just have this sinking feeling that Montero is gonna be the next Miguel Cabrera...

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ricky Henderson > Women
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads