• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MLB 2009 - 2010 Season Thread

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
Being paid the kind of money he wanted, it's either a joke or a robbery.

Funny how you can go from Yankee of a generation to greedy jerk in the media's and fan's eyes. I admire Jeter, he wasn't a jerk/flash in the pan like Joba Chamberlin (with all that strikeout fist pumping garbage) he just showed up, paid respects to the SS of the past, got pissed when Cashman looted the farm system of chasing WS title after WS title. Great player, crappy times we live in.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Funny how you can go from Yankee of a generation to greedy jerk in the media's and fan's eyes. I admire Jeter, he wasn't a jerk/flash in the pan like Joba Chamberlin (with all that strikeout fist pumping garbage) he just showed up, paid respects to the SS of the past, got pissed when Cashman looted the farm system of chasing WS title after WS title. Great player, crappy times we live in.

I'm not a Yankees fan, but this **** is a business. Like when Vlad (the Angel's best player ever, besides maybe Nolan Ryan) was willing to take less money to stay on the Angels but wasn't even tendered a competitive offer. It sucks, but is what it is.

Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.. wow

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5917145

cliff lee to the phils...

phills wasted a ton of money though they had the chance to do this for a lot cheaper last year.

LOL Yankees.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Cliff Lee is Chuck Norris.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know you've all been waiting to see what I have to say on this issue. This looks very interesting, like the O's of the 70's.

This team will win, but it won't win the WS next year. You heard it here first.
devil.gif

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bigstar[1].gif

Welcome home, Cliff!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I saw that today. How great would it be if he made a comeback. It will never happen, but still.

What is it with the college phenoms lately? First Prior, then Strasburg. Are they getting burnt out in college?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I saw that today. How great would it be if he made a comeback. It will never happen, but still.

What is it with the college phenoms lately? First Prior, then Strasburg. Are they getting burnt out in college?

Same with Zimmermann with the Nats, all these guys blow out their elbows then you never see them again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics