• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mixed Drinks

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So...what exactly is a Perfect Manhattan? Is it both sweet and dry vermouth?

bob

dhinggok

Reaction score
I am a big fan of Gin and Diet Tonic, as well as Vodka Tonic (diet tonic) if I am having a casual drink. If I am going to be drinking throughout the night at a club/lounge, I start out with a Long Island Iced Tea, move to something easy to handle, like Jack and Diet Coke and then stick to beer for the last portion of the night.My preferred beer is Amstel Light followed closely by Corona. I often substitute the Jack and Coke with Vodka and Diet Cranberry Juice.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite mixed drink is bourbon on the rocks. Tonight it is Maker's Mark (cause that's all I have). My bourboun of choice is usually Woodford's Reserve. (For those of you who tell me that's not really a mixed drink-I say sure it is, I mixed it with ice.
wink.gif
)

I also enjoy a gin and tonic, a gin martini, and in the summer a mojito or a margarita - on the rocks with salt.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost exclusively Vodka based drinks. When out for a night usually just stick to Vodka Tonics.

I do drink other mixed drinks but not nearly as often.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
i dig liqueurs but then too much sweet = tummyache at the end ofthenight.
frown.gif

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
Bombay Sapphire and tonic. Some of my friends think that I am being elitist for not drinking Tanqueray, but BS tastes so much smoother and has never once left me with a hangover...o.k. once, but that was because of the sheer number of drinks.

During the Summer, I do enjoy Pimm's from time-to-time. Am I allowed to say that? Or should I post that over on the Trad board at AAAC?

Unfortunately I overindulged in vodka during the college years, so I have some bad associations with it...

Vaclav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreyFlannelMan
Bombay Sapphire and tonic. Some of my friends think that I am being elitist for not drinking Tanqueray,

Bombay sapphire is far from best, so don't worry what they say.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
I like GTs and martinis. Sapphire is nice, Tanqueray #10 is better, and Hendrick's is sublime. I like to mix my own martinis with Lillet blanc instead of vermouth.

I glower at any waitron who asks whether I want vodka or gin -- especially if they ask in that order. More often I head them off by specifying the gin I want.

heartworm

Reaction score
My favorites are Tom Collins, White Russian (made with cream), Yellow Bird and the best: Singapore Sling (can be divine or awful, depending on the bartender). The best Singapore Sling I've had in my life was "in" a roadside bar made out of an old Volkswagen in Bangkok.

Shots: B52 for getting hammered and Galliano Hot Shots (Galliano, coffee and whipped cream, forms layers).

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G&T's, gimlets, and (an affectation from my father, I think) very spicy Bloody Maries.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RamNYC
I was wondering what people liked in the way of mixed drinks. What your drink consists of. Even if it's a classic, like Gina and Tonic or Vodka Martini,let us know.

"Fake N***a's throw **** in their drinks"

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite mixed drink to just sip and enjoy is a White Russian.

When I am drinking heavier, I usually drink Whiskey and Coke, either Scotch or Bourbon.

If I am out to get incoherent, it will be Lean/Purple Drank.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads