1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Menswear Fall-Winter 2013-14 (Mens Fashion Week - London, Milan, Paris)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by GoldenTribe, Jan 7, 2013.

1. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Maybe it's not as much of a parallel as I thought, then. Slimane had this thing for certain seasons where it looked as though his models were wearing their dad's dress shirt under an ultra-slim blazer. I always thought it was pretty cool, if a little overt.

Here's Jogu from SZ doing the same thing:
    [​IMG]

2. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I was really feeling both Raf and Prada this season. Similar vibes, I think.

3. sipang

sipang Senior member

I initially thought about Prada too, although I think it's mostly because of the color palette + prints + turtlenecks.

KJ, I was referring to the youth obsession thing. Yeah, I see what you mean about the sleeves, first images that comes to mind are the long sweaters from spring 2002

4. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

5. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

6. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

The presentation is weird and way too dramatic for my tastes, but the clothes look nice. They're not really visible enough. The shoes look really cool.

7. Voidoid

Voidoid Senior member

8. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Thread title doesn't list New York ( :angry: ) but figured i would post anyway. The Siki Im show was yesterday. You can find the show easily enough so I won't post the looks here, but there was also a finale that most sites don't bother including where you could see what was under the outerwear and shawls. Aprons!

[​IMG]

good pictures of collection at these sources. first one also has good pics of finale

http://www.fashionising.com/runway/b--siki-im-mens-aw-13-mens-45410.html#pg1
    http://fuckingyoung.es/siki-im-fallwinter-2013/

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
    2 people like this.
  9. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

here are my fave pieces

pants look so comfy. asym collar vest!! cashmere shawl looks so luxe. topcoat!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. jwjp

jwjp Senior member

siki im was by far my favourite show of ny

hopefully suspension point will be stocking it still :nodding:

the aprons remind remind of the ones raf did a few years back (one of which i own :foo: )

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  11. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Siki Im looking very cool, I like the apron/vest thing. Snowman could probably make it work.

12. Platypus

Platypus Senior member

Siki Im:

The aprons are actually rather brilliant I think. It is a simple piece that can subtly add to or even transform an outfit through color, texture, as well as silhouette (different / layered lengths and hems is something that Siki plays with a lot). I particularly like the reversible shearling version. Looks really cool worn under coats and / or knitwear.

The knitwear is nice this season as well.

1 person likes this.
  13. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

all footwear in the show is Guidi, by the way

this is also one of my favorite looks. the top with the textured wool body and smooth cotton sleeves is really simple and really awesome. i love the belted harem pants too, but the drop crotch is so extreme that I don't know that I'd wear it. still, makes me want to tailor the legs of my damir pants so they fit more like this

[​IMG]

this is another fave. the coat is cool, but it's 10x cooler only done up only at the neck like this and then left open. (the leather jackets were styled the same way). you can also see the shearling vest peaking out.

[​IMG]