• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Menswear Fall-Winter 2013-14 (Mens Fashion Week - London, Milan, Paris)

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched the Damir video. Collection looked better (a few cool pieces and sleeves were kinda interesting) but not enough. No desire-inspiring fantasy there. Too bad. I liked Christophe Lemaire's (also subdued) show better, I think. Will see how I feel in a few weeks. My reactions always change over time anyway.

Saint Laurent was exactly what I thought it would be. It'll probably sell really well. Not for me though.

Still liking Ann, Dries, and BBS best. Hope when Dries hits stores though there will be some stuff I actually want and its not too crazy. Does look good in pictures at least.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think both of this guy's legs, in their entirety, could be fit inside his skull

Last edited:

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People always joke about anorectic models but that guy is actually really ******* skinny. Where does Hedi find these guys?

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SLP was like a grungy DH era Slimane.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:stirpot:

Last edited:

DesignerValet

Reaction score
The clothes are an odd blend of Hedi DH and Decarnin Balmain. Not impressive, but the shoes are nice; Slimane always did well with DH footwear, too.

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

People always joke about anorectic models but that guy is actually really ******* skinny. Where does Hedi find these guys?

"hey i'll give you a half gram of heroin if you model for me"

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Tim Blanks' hilariously scathing review of Saint Laurent Paris Menswear AW2013 (amusing what constitutes "scathing" in the fashion universe):

... All of that added up to shoulda-been-fabulous. But we're forgetting about the clothes. And maybe Slimane did, too.

The kindest thing to be said about Slimane's first official men's collection was that he made a guy to go with his girl. ... All of it is thrilling in theory and practice, but it was a surreal incongruity to see it spotlit in a very expensive fashion presentation. Slimane's passion for the music he loves, the bands that make that music, and the lifestyle that surrounds it is entirely understandable, laudable, and well served with integrity by his photographic tributes. When he spun his ardor into high fashion today, it made a lot less sense, especially as the kids who are the prime components of his vision can already shop this look for zilch down the funky end of any L.A. boulevard.

It seems SLP pulled all their advertising on Style.com shortly after the review went live.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads