• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's Room Observation....

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Doesn't work. Mall security will usually track you down and then you have to deal with all that "Dad, why were you sneaking out the back door with that blonde-haired lady?" guilt-trippy bullshit. Not worth it, in my experience.

get a friend to pop an alka-seltzer for some fake seizure action to distract teh mallcops.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
get a friend to pop an alka-seltzer for some fake seizure action to distract teh mallcops.

Hey, that just might work. Or I could distract teh mallcops by reporting the creepy 60-year old guy that is peaking under cubicle doors to make sure that there are no kids in the stall while their parents are doing "number 2".

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
facepalm.gif
What an idiot. It's supposed to be the other way around.

What? The mother should be helping the 3 or 4 other men?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
What? The mother should be helping the 3 or 4 other men?

No look at penis.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
The obvious problem is with the father. What sort of inconsiderate a-hole takes their kid out in public in the first place? Shouldn't those things be kept at home so they don't bother others with their screaming and kicking?

Originally Posted by Slopho
^ Asked by me whenever I'm at a decent restaurant.

Just last week, we were having an extremely nice, quiet dinner when a four top entered the restaurant, with one of the women carrying about a year old baby, crying its head off, into the main seating area. Thankfully, we were isolated in the "library" section of this place, but I pity the patrons seated next to the infant that cried the entire time. I won't even get into how they were dressed.

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In response to the mother who appeared in the mensroom, it reminded me I did go in two mensrooms in Paris in July with little surprises. One was a modern men's room at the Centre Pompidou - Paris' very great modern art center. Men were at the urinals in the men's room, while a cleaning woman was mopping the floor nearby. Second, and admittedly more subtle, there was a men's room somewhere (in small building outside Eiffel Tower?), where there were lines to get into the men's and ladies' rooms and women in their line could look into the mensroom with little trouble. I didn't think too much of it in Paris but it did seem a little "different."
I don't recall ever seeing quite this scene in the U.S. anywhere, anytime. Just an observation.
And no, I didn't make any effort to "peek" under the stall wall yesterday. I probably just was looking in the mirror at the sink, like anyone would do, and happened to see that behind in the view. I could also hear the guy talking to the kid.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lafont
In response to the mother who appeared in the mensroom, it reminded me I did go in two mensrooms in Paris in July with little surprises. One was a modern men's room at the Centre Pompidou - Paris' very great modern art center. Men were at the urinals in the men's room, while a cleaning woman was mopping the floor nearby. Second, and admittedly more subtle, there was a men's room somewhere (in small building outside Eiffel Tower?), where there were lines to get into the men's and ladies' rooms and women in their line could look into the mensroom with little trouble. I didn't think too much of it in Paris but it did seem a little "different."
I don't recall ever seeing quite this scene in the U.S. anywhere, anytime. Just an observation.
And no, I didn't make any effort to "peek" under the stall wall yesterday. I probably just was looking in the mirror at the sink, like anyone would do, and happened to see that behind in the view. I could also hear the guy talking to the kid.

Never been to a rock concert? Usually as many women in the mens' room as there are men.

ed1066

Reaction score
Although I have two daughters, I have thankfully never found myself in this predicament. If I were, however, why not just find two empty stalls next to each other, put the kid in one and have her lock it from inside, yourself in the other and take care of business quickly? That way she is relatively safe in the stall right next to you, and there is a modicum of privacy for both parties. What's wrong with that?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Never been to a rock concert? Usually as many women in the mens' room as there are men.
Yep, and amazingly without any awkwardness.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
once, driving from philadephia to new york city, a friend and i stopped in jersey for gas and snacks. while the attendant was filling up our car i went inside the rest stop to use the bathroom.

when i opened the door, the stall was occupied, and in one of the urinals a man was sitting down with his trousers dropped to his ankles, holding his son's hand with a defeated look on his face that seemed to say "well -- it's jersey. i can't make it any worse."

i have never used a jersey bathroom since.

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Joy-zee.... (accent on first syllable)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
The obvious problem is with the father. What sort of inconsiderate a-hole takes their kid out in public in the first place? Shouldn't those things be kept at home so they don't bother others with their screaming and kicking?
This is the correct answer to all child related questions. Peeking under the stall = creepy taking a **** while holding your childs hand = creepy I understand the logic behind this (protection from kidnapping) but it just seems so weird.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ed1066
Although I have two daughters, I have thankfully never found myself in this predicament. If I were, however, why not just find two empty stalls next to each other, put the kid in one and have her lock it from inside, yourself in the other and take care of business quickly? That way she is relatively safe in the stall right next to you, and there is a modicum of privacy for both parties. What's wrong with that?

This is seriously the smartest idea right? Covers everything.

K

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked someone about this the other day. They said you should go into a stall and have the child stand in front of the door, all the while you can see her shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads