• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

daytonamania

Reaction score
To all the guys who have a Billy Reid Pea Coat in MEDIUM or LARGE

Can someone please post the pit-to-pit measurements... about to pull the trigger but haven't got any useful measurements from the site or emailing them directly (their answer was...about 21 inches! I would like proper measurements) also all the research I have done says there's quite a bit of variation even within the size range.

Thanks in advance!
fing02[1].gif

MichaelKnight

Reaction score

Can someone please post the pit-to-pit measurements... about to pull the trigger but haven't got any useful measurements from the site or emailing them directly (their answer was...about 21 inches! I would like proper measurements) also all the research I have done says there's quite a bit of variation even within the size range.

Thanks in advance!
fing02[1].gif
Wondering the same please!

Some decent sales on now, unfortunately few are carrying the navy and getting them to Canada eats up most of the savings.

WestwardDrift

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!
fing02[1].gif
Really? I found the measurements on Billy Reid website for the large to be reasonably close. My large charcoal peacoat (since sold - but I did keep the measurements) had a pit-to-pit of 21.5 inches. The shoulder was 18.5 inches, and the sleeve length from shoulder to cuff was 26.5 inches. So, slightly bigger in the chest, smaller in the shoulders, and longer in the sleeves, but all within around half-an-inch of what is on the website.

However, I do currently own a Billy Reid Faded Navy cotton peacoat, size large, and it is slightly looser fitting than one I had tried on a few months prior. So there can be noticeable variations.

daytonamania

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but I have also found the same measurements you gave for a size MEDIUM. If I lived near a store I would go and try it on, unfortunately I don't so have to rely on the interwebs for more info.

daytonamania

Reaction score
Due to the nature of the Billy Reid size tags, could it have been mismarked?
I'm unsure, but I just trawled through another forum and I think your coat might of been first runs, so sizing might have been a little different to the production runs they have now, Anyways thanks for the help. I'm definitely in-between sizes .. tough choices HAHA

MichaelKnight

Reaction score
I'm unsure, but I just trawled through another forum and I think your coat might of been first runs, so sizing might have been a little different to the production runs they have now, Anyways thanks for the help. I'm definitely in-between sizes .. tough choices HAHA

I was looking at ordering one but can't afford for it to be an exchange/return being in Canada. I'm a 43" chest and 19" shoulder and 5'9", think I might be between M & L too.

Peacoat

Reaction score

Just bought this off of ebay. 1967 is what i get from the label, double stitching above sleeve hem. Corduroy pockets. Two tiny moth bites what i have seen, otherwise very good condition.

Size 36R. 

P2P 20 inch

Shoulders 19 inch

My true chest is 38 inches, 155 LB, waist usually 29-30 in pants, or 36 suit pant size, the suit jackets i wear usually 38. 

What do you think of the fit? I can still wear a thick sweater underneath, but then when i "hug" forward it is pretty tight in the back so i do not think i can go down to 34. 

I think i can slim it down through the waist though, and of course hem the sleeves, but i always have to do that. 

Length? Sleeve width? Chest? 

I would shorten the sleeves and leave the rest alone. Looks good.

LaymanX

Reaction score
I was looking at ordering one but can't afford for it to be an exchange/return being in Canada. I'm a 43" chest and 19" shoulder and 5'9", think I might be between M & L too.

The Bay at Eaton Center (Toronto) was selling it for a while last year. It definitely fits a bit weird from what I can remember.

Peide01

Reaction score
Hello this is my first post I ave been reading this thread for ours and need a little help from the experts:

I am trying to determine the size peacoat that will fit me the best. I will be ordering the authentic from Sterling wear. To tell you a little about my needs and about my measurements. I live in South Carolina so winters are not usually too harsh so I will not be wearing thicker sweaters as I am not a fan of them and would not be needed much with a warm coat such as the one I am looking to purchase.

Chest: 38
Height: 5'9 (on a good day)
Weight: 165-170
Waist: 32 (wear 32x30 pants last 15 yrs)

My arms are definitely on the short end. Imagine t-rex arms.

So I guess my question after reading all these posts is to look at a coat in 38 or possibly 36. But should this be regular or a short.

Thanks in advance for the feedback, it is appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads