• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the charcoal, but it does look boxy.

imperaman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gqcao
i just got the coat. the armholes are too tight for me. the overall fit is pretty good. i'm still debating weather i should keep it or not. i can barely fit in with a tshirt underneath. i don't think i can layer up with this coat. i'm 5'8 165lbs athletic built. i would not recommend this coat to anyone with a 39-40 chest and big guns.

Would you mind measuring the armholes for me, if you got a large? I have thin arms, so I think it should work out. By the way, anyway with a large regular (not classic admiral) to sell, I'm in the market.....

SWB

Reaction score
I actually also won a $100 credit for Armani Exchange through a work contest once. I ordered and returned a few shirts before realizing it was all just complete ****, but it turns out if you just place an order for over the credit amount and use your CC for the remaining balance, when you return it they will refund the entire amount to your card. Might be worth a try if you haven't already spent it.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
+1 on the Wool Car Coat. The Slim Fit Shirt doesn't look bad either, if you're looking for a way to spend the other $250.

I got the slim fit shirt a while ago actually, it's one of the best slim fit shirts at that price point and I still recommend it to anybody looking for one.

CDC

Reaction score
I was getting all ready to preach about pea coats til I found out you had to spend it at A|X.
Because if you're talking the classic pea coat style, nothing beats the early navy ones - quality, construction, style, warmth, all of it.
They have to have corduroy in the pockets and be the 8 button version and not the 6. The 8 button has a higher collar and notch; it just generally looks much better. Also, if they've got those two features (corduroy, 8 button), the wool will be the most dense, wear longer and look better. On the later versions, the wool is softer, doesn't look as good, doesn't wear as well and doesn't keep out the elements as well.

They run rather big - I'm a 37 and although a 36 looks acceptable, the 34 (as small as they get) fits me well.

8 button:

thm23232a.jpg

6 button

US_Navy_p_coat_wiki.jpg

ac4g63

Reaction score
Same here, the armholes are a little tight but I guess I wouldn't consider myself the prototypical "slim". I have a black medium for sale in the classifieds

imperaman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
check superfuture supermarket as someone is selling a large black one.

I could only find a medium for sale, do you mind pm'ing me a link to the sale? Thanks in advance.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a boxy peacoat. It's not bad per se, but for a good fit it will probably need to be tailored.

The question comes down to: "Are you willing to pay to have it tailored to get a good fit?"

If not, you may want to return it and look for a better out-of-the-box fit.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
^^^thanks for the info above, sir, that's pretty informative. I may just buy a peacoat later and I'll definately go for an 8 button. Now I'm second guessing... this is pretty awesome: http://www.armaniexchange.com/produc...&sortby=&size= $400 though... it takes a lot of the other stuff I wanted out
frown.gif

jkennett

Reaction score
I really prefer the fabric content of "70% wool, 25% polyester, 5% other" to the "55% acrylic, 45% polyester". hah... Really, I sort of like the asymmetry of the body panels and pockets of the "faux shearling", but at the same time I feel like really wouldn't want a "faux shearling" because it's "faux" and it's way overpriced for what it is... Every time someone asks what that coat is made of , which they certainly will, you can tell them "plastic" and not be entirely wrong. The car coat is a better deal and I like it, but I could understand if you had you heart set on a pea coat. Not sure what to recommend really, as you're in quite a bind with that non-transferable voucher. Best of luck.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't do it. That faux shearling coat is just awful, and at 400, I kind of wonder if A|X has started parodying itself. If it were made of real shearling, that would be different. But if you really must have only the most flammable in winter outerwear...

poloist12

Reaction score
Just sell the $500 credit for whatever you can get for it and procede to your proper destination.

I agree with this statement. Also, Ralph Lauren has one called Captian I believe. Check that one out. It has the look of you standard pea coat, but a little classy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads